• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Hi Tucker,

I spoke to Loxy on Facebook and he mentioned a guy on CTRO makes the kits for the EP3 rattling window issue. I will get the link for you over there. Like £8 for it.

EP3: WINDOW RATTLE STOP KIT.

Cheers Scottish I will get over there and take a look, sounds like just what I need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

You might be waiting. I am waiting for a reply to the post. I may try and message mike there who sells them.

I PMed Mike over at CTRO regarding the EP3 Rattle kit.:D

Cheers Scottish. My account has been activated now and I've contacted M1ke about the kit so hopefully I'll get a response soon, although I'm in no rush to have my windows open at the moment! ❄️

Just inspired me to add the interior LED's to my ebay watch list ;)

Haha glad I've been an inspiration to you timmsy, don't just add them to the watch list....buy them!

One of my boot struts was knackered so I ordered a pair of Meyle struts which arrived today.

Whacked them on straight away as it was only a 5 minute job.

Much better now!

Can I ask how these are fitted? did just pull the old ones off?

also where did you order the new ones from?

Just lift a clip at each end with a flat head screwdriver and off they come, the new ones will just clip into position.

These are the exact struts that I bought.

Yep name down and payment sent over to Rigsby!

Haha you still trying to get rid of yours?

It's been a while since I managed to get anything done but finally found the motivation yesterday to fit a couple of bits. I have been getting a knocking from the front recently and after taking a closer look I noticed the the OS drop link was the culprit and needed replacing. I ordered 2 because it's likely that the other won't be far behind and I like to change things in pairs for peace of mind :)

New & Old.

All fitted.

I noticed that the ARB has some corrosion, mainly surface rust and definitely nothing that will compromise it's strength. I will be replacing it, possibly with a JDM one, but it seems like it's going to be a much bigger job than I first thought. Whilst I had the drop links off I tried to remove the ARB but couldn't as it passes over the downpipe/cat which stops you from sliding the old one out and new one in!

The front tyres could do with replacing soon and I could see that the inside shoulder rib is significantly more worn that the others. This is likely just down to negative camber and so I will have the tracking and alignment done at the same time. One cause of quick tyre wear can be track rod ends and so I thought it would be a good idea to replace them both while I was it.

New & Old.

All fitted.

The old ones actually seemed to be in pretty decent nick but now I'm just shy of 100k miles so the overall driving experience will definitely be improved by replacing a few parts like this.

I also received the carbon door sills from Rigsby01 on Friday, I'll get some pictures up once they're fitted.

Thanks mate. I will be switching to a JDM rear ARB also but all in good time, I'm still working through all the bits that 'need' doing.

The carbon door sills ordered from Rigsby arrived last Friday. He's done a very good job of them, I was very pleased with the quality.

I fitted them yesterday afternoon, they fit really well and look even better on the car.

I've been putting off doing a few jobs over Winter but I should be able to get more done now that it's starting to warm up a little so will hopefully have a few more updates to follow shortly.

I've got my name down on the list for the carbon effect battery cover, another item made by Rigsby. I went and ordered a Tegiwa Battery Tie & Fitting Kit while I was at it.

Managed to get outside and fit it today even though the weather was crap again!

Looks much smarter than the original battery tie and should really compliment the batter cover once it arrives.

The battery cover turned up on Thursday but couldn't fit it until today. I also bought new ducting for the ITG Maxogen as it needed changing, I went for a Ramair Neoprene Cold Air Feed.

The battery cover didn't actually fit properly, the holes were slightly off so I had to take the dremel and widen them up a little to make it work. The cold air feed was 500mm in length so I cut it down to the same length as the ducting I was replacing; I also removed the cap as it was just too chunky.

I'm very happy with both, big improvement.

She's off the road at the moment because I noticed a fair bit of play in the NS wheel when removing it a couple of weeks ago. It's likely to be a wheel bearing so I am going to have a go at replacing it myself & whilst I'm at it I may as well replace the lower ball joint! As per usual with these types of jobs I will be doing both sides.

That ducting certainly looks a lot smarter. Looking good. Are you sure the play in the wheel isn't the steering joint? You'd normally hear wheel bearing play first. Also, it's probably overkill doing both sides at once if it is bearing failure. It won't hurt to do both, but you could save the money for something else without worry.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back