• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tuning my car any suggestions?

Yes,that is good however I would opt for a Gruppe M over the INJEN, the Injen will be prone (yes I know it is rare but it does happen) to hydrolock.

Yes,that is good however I would opt for a Gruppe M over the INJEN, the Injen will be prone (yes I know it is rare but it does happen) to hydrolock.
I know that is one thing ive been thinking about i think it should be ok but ive pm'ed the guy with the gruppe m on here but no doubt it went fast lol

Yeah i was going for that at first then the injen was really to keep within budget really at the start.

Then i seen the gruppe m which you dont see often for 400.

Hopfully make my mind up today on everything and get it booked in. got my mate with a pick up truck willing to take it to cpl since i dont fancy an 8hr drive there and then 8hr back lol

CAI , DC manifold - decat , tune.

thats the cheapest IMO for a nice bump in power.

Next would be RBC and heatsheild gasket.

Dont forget there are many other ways of improving your CTR like geometry setups etc.

This is the final set up i am going for. not going to change my mind.

Piper catback
Piper/toda manifold, will go for the toda but just waiting to see if its forsale still if not piper it is.
ES mounts
Injen cold air intake
hydroshield
Tuning

In total 1600/ if toda 1650 not bad.

After all that i will look in to new brakes and geometry set up etc. few month down the line though.Does anyone know much about fuelrails etc are they worth getting or just look good factor?

Just got my new black wrinkle cam cover from spooner aswell and a js racing strut so got that to fit aswelll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aftermarket fuel rails are mostly bling, especially so on most NA setups.

If it were me, I would get the Geo set up done first. Then decide if you want more power.

I would also get the FRSU done before you make it quicker by adding exhaust/intake/tuning.

No point having a car that is 20-30bhp quicker than standard if it can't handle the power in the bends imo.

Going to look in to it.

What do i need? to do it and how much roughly is it? tbh i dont know much about FRSU i know what it does etc but just dont know what i need.

Going to look in to it.

What do i need? to do it and how much roughly is it? tbh i dont know much about FRSU i know what it does etc but just dont know what i need.

Have you thought about having a look through some of the numerous threads regarding frsu, parts required, usual costs etc?

There is loads if info on the forum if only you look for it.
Come on man, we can't spoon feed you everything.

;) :D

You can go with springs and standard shocks. usualy Eibach Pro kit 15-20mm drop. Spoon which i think are the same. ABP are a 30mm drop.

Or you can get a set of coilovers. Meister R's seem to be pretty cheap and decent.

You will also need a set of camber bolts for the front and a set of camber adjusters for the rear. Eibach are a good make to get.

We are a bit limited up here with regards to finding a place that can do a FRSU. The only place i have heard of is Pro Grip in Bonnybridge but you may find a place in or around Glasgow that can do it.

Any workshop with decent 4wheel alignment kit can do a FRSU.

It's not magic.
It's just basic geometry.

Also, I'd avoid coilovers on uk roads unless its predominantly a track at.

I dont really fancy lowering my car cause of speed bumps about here.

Am going to cpl on the 30th so i'll see what they charge or i'll check that place out in bonnybridge.

Back