• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tuning my car any suggestions?

Well low end it doesnt seem much difference at all. Vtec and midrange is madness. I wish i went to tdi now least ive learned my lesson. Might take it there start of the year just to get it tuned just incase. Dont want it running bad then end up gubbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is that. You could save up for some more bits to make it worth your while!

RBC inlet mani?

Well i was planning on puting an rbc manifold on at a later date anyway. I looked in to cams aswell from tdi but i that wouldnt be for a while.

See another things my piper catback and manifold are not to loud but ive allways liked a quiet car. Any suggestions how i could tone it down a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any proper decat manifold and larger bore cat back is going to be louder. If the OEM back box will fit on the Piper B-pipe you could try that. You might lose a few ponies off the top end though.

Into the B-pipe? Yes, but you'd be adding a restriction to the system.

See if i took my piper exhaust off and put oem back on would i need to tweak the ecu? its a kpro so how could i do that? i know its probably allready on here if anyone could point me in the right direction had a wee look and cant see.

It's only going to run slightly rich, nothing to worry about... It's going lean that causes the problems.

I got my car done with these guys with unichip I will post mine up.... Looks see wat you think.

I have a japspeed manifold on my ctr nothing wrong with it at all... won it on an auction on ebay £98 new as well
basicly had 50% off haha

its like anything in life you get what you pay for

LOL, you can't say you paid £98 for an exhaust manifold, claiming it's great, then in the same post 'you get what you pay for'....

You didn't pay much..... :D :D

Hear it is

BHP crosses torque spot on at 5,252, put the limiter is well before 8,000 rpm. Does the car rev past 8k? Really weird if they are setting the limiters that low and it looks like they've raised the VTEC crossover from 5,600 rpm OEM to 5,800?! :confused:

I dare say, they don't know what they are doing with a K20.

Hi loxy

Unichip dose not have the feature to alter rpm limiter, the reason for the slightly higher crossover is that it lost power on the change.

As you can see it runs really smooth on the cross point....

Hi loxy

Unichip dose not have the feature to alter rpm limiter, the reason for the slightly higher crossover is that it lost power on the change.

As you can see it runs really smooth on the cross point....

OEM limit is 8,100 though...

The crossover should be where the high cam starts making more power than the low cam, so you shouldn't get a drop on crossover. Typically for your mods it should be around 5,000 rpm so I suppose. Maybe it's a quirk or limitation of the Unichip that they couldn't find any more power lower down the revs on the high cam.

I must admit that unichip isn't the greatest, in respect to other options.

But the engine pulls well, with vtec engaged its very strong.

You only get what you pay for I guess......

Back