• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX Tuning the S2K

On the latest, the 2.2 kitted race built 2000 (so built properly by racing company, ill find who) and guess what happened on the second lap, no didnt do a head gasket no no no, the bottom end blow out, like, explosion sort, I wouldnt be too willing to do a 2.2

Clements said:
On the latest, the 2.2 kitted race built 2000 (so built properly by racing company, ill find who) and guess what happened on the second lap, no didnt do a head gasket no no no, the bottom end blow out, like, explosion sort, I wouldnt be too willing to do a 2.2

Toda or Spoon parts?

Anthony

Believe it was the toda racing 2.2 kit, ill watch to check (dont want to get my info wrong again!) but the was a reason, which ill post up too

Clements said:
Believe it was the toda racing 2.2 kit, ill watch to check (dont want to get my info wrong again!) but the was a reason, which ill post up too

Should imagine that it was the toda kit because they use aftermarket pistons and a higher comp ratio. The spoon kit is made using OEM honda parts that have been lightened and balanced to perfection.

Anthony

Composite Guru said:
My missus has been egging me on to buy another just lately but i just cant justify spending all that money on one. The CTR is just as fun but with a roof!! :D

Here is my last one, she was a beaut!!! 8) :twisted:

mattncar2.jpg

I'm 99% sure that is owned in Ipswich now. I recognised it by the number plate :wink:

If it isn't that one it has e near identicle plate.

The BMI DVD where the s2000 explodes (I mentioned this page before) is built by J's Racing and are all J's parts but there is a reason:

Most, if not all stroker kits dont change the bottom end, as with the J's kit, and with most hondas the bottom end will cope fine, great lovely. But J's raise the limit to 9000rpm, from 8400, its alot but it should be ok, great, but they worked out that with the stroked 2.2, the piston speed at 9,000rpm is the same as the 2.0L at 10,000rpm, and so it went bang, with flames etc

I believe the stroker kits would be good, as long as you dont raise the rpm

Back