• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Two little things....big Honda prices!!!

I'm currently trying to track down two parts for my 2005 Type R.

Firstly, I'm trying to get my hands on a couple of replacement headlight bulb spring retainers....the metal clips that you curse when changing your headlight bulb!!
Despite being a valuable part that you regularly come in contact with, Honda don't sell them on their own and you have to fork out £230 on a new headlight unit to get your hands on one!! Madness! Even getting one at a wreckers yard will set you back £40...just for a piece of metal that probably cost 1p to produce!

Headlight Edit.jpg

Secondly, I'm after a replacement plastic foglight cover (the grey oval one). Yet again those nice boys at Honda, despite selling many pointless nuts and bolts that you'll never need to replace, don't sell these on their own and you have to stump up £300 on a new front skirt. I only want one as well...aaaghh!! If I didn't know any better, I'd swear they're trying to get me to buy a couple of fog light kits...which on the face of it is the cheapest option.

Fog Light Grill.jpg

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Lol at Honda prices.

Just look for breaking EP3's around mate. I'm pretty sure you can get the fog light blank easily.

The problem with the fog blank is it's moulded into the bumper, so not something you can get separately. I found this on my old cosmic after someone pinched one. Better and cheaper to just get fogs off eBay.

I'm currently trying to track down two parts for my 2005 Type R.

Firstly, I'm trying to get my hands on a couple of replacement headlight bulb spring retainers....the metal clips that you curse when changing your headlight bulb!!
Despite being a valuable part that you regularly come in contact with, Honda don't sell them on their own and you have to fork out £230 on a new headlight unit to get your hands on one!! Madness! Even getting one at a wreckers yard will set you back £40...just for a piece of metal that probably cost 1p to produce!

Can't you fabricate a clip using a suitable piece of wire, such as the wire clip used to retain lamps in ceiling
downlights as they tend to be quite springy?
I assume that it is fairly easy to attach a new clip.

Back