• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TYP 6R number plate on DVLA auction

Noticed this number plate on the DVLA auction:

TYP6R.jpg

Would be fantastic on the CTR if you slightly moded the 6 to look like an E. It's got a reserve of £350 and the auction is on 6th September, see web link below:

http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/home/en/Auction/p/previousandnext

Not a bad find but most people struggle to shift them when they sell there car. Not for me as I have one personal to me, but it looks cool and everyone knows what it means 8)

Sorry, don't see it myself. It just says TYP 6 R. What's so special about that? And making the 6 look like an E would be illegal.

Mine has a 'Type-R' badge on the bootlid, which came free with the car. Can't people find more useful and more tasteful things to spend £350+ on? :smt102

Edit: reminds me of this:
AdPlates.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Evs!

The guy over the road said I should get one for my car, because on an 02 plate "it's an old car"...

...Trust me buddy I'd rather have my 02 plate, than your personal plated, 54 plate Renault Megane 1.4!!! :roll:

One of my dream cars is a Sierra RS500.... But I can't possibly buy one when it's a 1987 D Plate. :lol:

The TYP 6 R does'nt look too bad, I don't mind plates when they're funny or about the car. I saw UR02 SLO on a TVR and have seen BL03 JOB on a Corvette at Ten of The Best.... Made me chuckle

What's the best, or worst plates everyone else has seen? :wink:

I've been tempted with a personal plate for some reason and have been browsing the DVLA website.

I wanted something like R250 BHP but the closest match is X300 BHP - which is a bit optimistic for the moment :lol:

Don't think I'll bother, and I'll put the £500 odd quid towards making my car 300 BHP :lol:

zeffania said:
Not a bad find but most people struggle to shift them when they sell there car. Not for me as I have one personal to me, but it looks cool and everyone knows what it means 8)

Yeah- Before Bed !! :lol:

I think they are good idea, so long as the plate means something to everyone... i.e., If you saw K8 BRT driving around, what would you say it was????(Sorry Ben- just using it as an example)

I saw LS 400 on a lexus LS 400.. that was cool. Also seen A11LAH on a Merc driving in Reading...that could be worth a few bob.

Even my plate is pushing it though (T11YP R), as to everyone who knows that the Honda's have a Type- r, it's fine. But if you are not that au-fait with them, my plate means nothing. :roll:

I had a bloke last week say "lovely car" to me and that it "has a very interesting plate... what did it mean?"..... I had to point out it was supposed to read Type R......:lol: :roll:

Its cool, the plate only cost my sister £250 and its more aimed at the text person. K8 meaning Kate and the BRT would be her last name minus the vowels.

I am not overly keen on ones for car models either, as everytime you change to a different car its not exactly going to match.

Like Chris on the other forum his B19 CTR plate is now on his Golf, I guess no one that knows what CTR means won't think any different.

I chose mine as it meant something to me, which I thought was what personalised plates were all about, it will stay with me on any car I have until I die or the DVLA take it off me, which ever comes first :lol:

Carl

I was thinking of a personal plate I have seen loads with my initials etc etc live V666 PJC and various on that theme

But really wanted one that sort of said something I like Ryans that spells Killer (sort of) and another I saw was PI55 OFF (I think its on a CTR) but looking through them maybe its my imagination but I just cant any witty sort of ones even cant find anything like UR2 SLO or anything like that.

N77 said:
AR53 TED = arested sort of :lol:

Carl

Yer but is it available, and god knows what they playing at but still not had my medical date :( allthough they got to do loads of background cheks yet and medical records etc etc so guess they waiting on other people, maybe ill be working before Christmas :) I hope

I don't mind peoples initials on plates, but I really dislike things like PI55 OFF and so forth. They just look tacky beyond belief IMO.

I agree with you Carl on the whole "car specific" plate. Might sell min whilst I can still get good money for it :lol:

I'm happy to stick to just a normal plate TBH- mine happened to come with the car though :roll:

T9PE R

I currently have "T9PE R" on my ATR, and was actually considering selling through newreg.co.uk, but if anyone here is interested let me know, as I need some cash to move house :-(.

Re: T9PE R

seedyman said:
I currently have "T9PE R" on my ATR, and was actually considering selling through newreg.co.uk, but if anyone here is interested let me know, as I need some cash to move house :-(.

How much would you be after for it?

I dont mind the car specific or initial specific.

Personal, I think my uncle brought the best plate available for him because it reads his initials and the car perfectly with no space mods etc and its dateless 8)

It reads "D** 540" and its sat on the back of a 540 bmw lol, people that know him always comment on the plate.

- Kevin.

Been tempted myself quite a few times.

Have the option for R666 EVO on my evo, but not paying 4 figures I think it was!

Also had the option of DC52 TEG for the car now - and not bad for £500 - but thats £500 that I can spend elsewhere, where it's really needed.

Back