• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R EP3 2005 Front End Noise / Metal Sound

Hey guys,

I have had my EP3 for coming up 3 years now and its always gone to Honda for Full Service History and so on (just how I am with cars I know) anyway as of late I seem to have the following.

1 - Full lock left or right (e.g Parking) slowly moving forwards or backwards a clicking / knocking noise from the front end.

2 - Stopping movement coming to traffic or lights or something I get this sound as if its 2 metal plates knocking. It seems to be like moving into place so I get a Metal Knocking when sometimes stopping then moving forward slowly (If I give it full noise nothing happens prob cos I can't hear it! lol) but I can press the brake peddle and I can sometimes create the noise all the time doing that I have done this looking at the car but I can't see what it is just know its coming from the front of the car.

The car is going in for a MOT / Service next week with Honda so wanted to get an idea of what it could be so no surprises would pop up if something is broke it will get upgraded by me / friend anyway. After next week I plan on putting a Complete SuperPro Bush Kit on the car anyway so maybe this will fix or do something I don't know?

Let me know guys & thanks for reading this long winded thing!

JubeiTigeruk

Not sure, ill just wait to see what Honda have to say (trying to rape me on stuff) whatever happens anyway it be repaired! Just wish I knew now kinda annoying me having to wait!! haha

Hi

I seem to have a similar problem with my 2002 ep3.
When braking i get a clunk that sounds liek twp metal plates hitting together.
Front drop links were done about 2 months ago and they seem good, also checked the rest of the suspension twice and all seems ok.
The one thing that has been replaced is the FR brake carrier and the pins it slides on don't seem like a good fit (rattle a little), so I am hoping its that. (going to put old pins on).

I suggest have a good look over the brakes and checking everything is ok. (could be ill fitting pads in the caliper).

Complete SuperPro Bush Kit

Any more info on this Jubei?

My car has made similar noises for a while, probably worse than yours. I had the top mounts changed which got rid of a significant sound, but there's still other metalic sounds.

Ah yeah I do have EBC Bluestuff NDX Pads fitted to them and they are awesome I guess I have been giving them a hard time now and again.

I shall have a look at them soon it don't happen every time which is annoying!

Superpro Kit Joe - I am having my Service & MOT done next Thursday so after that I plan on buying the kit and getting all that done along with a JDM Anti Roll Bar so going to see how that goes. Shall keep you up to date with it!

I hope its nothing to do with the pads because they are seriously awesome at stopping!

Back