• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R No.3 - My Milano Red FN2 GT **MILTEK ZORST**

This is what I meant. I'm sure I've seen ones better looking than this though. Needs the centre caps doing, a bit of camber and some spacers to stick them out a bit and they would look spot on.

I do like black wheels but the only problem I am with them is they kind of vanish, you could have any wheel and paint it black it would look the same :lol: well from a distance anyway. Does look okay on those pics though.

This is what I am tempted to get done, its called a Satin Sheen Black

screenshot20120212at011.png

Need to go and have a proper look but they seem to do a good job and currently have an offer on, £25 per wheel for 19's and an extra £10 to remove and refit tyres per wheel too.

Cheers Loxy, got the gearknob off easy in the end, removed the old gaitor and fitted the new one pretty easily.

I can see why they wear so quickly, its only a very thin leather, this one should last as its a lot thicker and seems more hard wearing :)

5981da1d.jpg
gaitor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got these arrive today in the post at work, nice little addition to the keys. Might actually put some in the car now as well, the carbon effect film has really improved since I last had some.

key2o.jpg
key1p.jpg

My RSK is now out of the car, I know you were asking me about it the other day. I'm going to be cleaning it up this afternoon.

Your managers gone Carl... Were you at the game?

Key looks cool.

Yeah, I think after the game yesterday it was the nail in his coffin. I was there but after the 4th goal we soon made a Sharp exit :lol: it must be the earliest we have ever left a game.

My RSK is now out of the car, I know you were asking me about it the other day. I'm going to be cleaning it up this afternoon.

Ok mate, send me some pics over cjones77(at)sky(dot)com. I will have to look at my funds though, as I have been spend spend spend since I got it :lol:

bit of an update

Well I have had my Type R for all of 2 weeks and its already been took apart :lol:

a820e6ec.jpg

f3a74097.jpg

I can't believe how much you have to remove just to get the stereo out :eek:

I thought the EP3 was bad, but this was 10 times worse, however all pretty much straight forward and fairly simples, just glad they have changed the fixings on them as the clips are a lot easier to remove than the EP3 ones used to be.

Well the reason for the demolition was to install the ipod adaptor that was purchased from yolland303, installed it as per Honda instructions on top of the glove box and screwed it in rather than sticking it incase it ever came loose, as it was 2nd hand I didn't have the fixing kit so made do with what was available and its all installed fine. I can't believe how much cable they put on it though when its only going from the glovebox to the stereo.

Also while I was there I connected the camera lead into the back of the Sat Nav unit ready for the reversing camera, I was hoping to of got that done as well but took my time removing things and also gave it a good clean while panels were removed.

Unfortunately I didn't get chance to do the outside, so hopefully if the weekend is good I will be doing it this week.

Also a quick addition of my Asimo

e6cda707.jpg

I know it's a faff!

Good work though bud! The lead is so long in case you want to put it in the arm rest in the centre. ;)

I know it's a faff!

Good work though bud! The lead is so long in case you want to put it in the arm rest in the centre. ;)

Arm rest would be perfect! Any reason you didn't put it there Carl?

Ah, I thought the USB connector went into the arm rest one, as there is a circular area just behind the handbrake cut out that is primed for coming out.

I did it though as per the instructions but as I want to get an iphone holder (did ask about Eds) and this sits next to the cubby just above the gear knob, the lead would be perfect to connect my iPhone to it as well. I did try it out using the phone as I didn't have the ipod on me at the time and it charged it as well so that will be handy.

Good job I did try it as I didn't realise I had to put the connectors into a certain lead on the Y Lead I had to also get, and the sound was only coming from one side. So when I had a look I had put the iPod connector lead to the lead for the HFT, swapped it and it all works great now.

Did the ones with the Sat Nav and HFT have a different sound system, as it seems quite bass'y compared to what I have heard? I know there was an option of the Bassworks but how can you tell the difference?

The nav and hft cars obviously have a different head unit, and it has to be said the bass does seem a tad better in the wife's EX that has the same system as yours.

You would have seen the Bassworks Amp today if you had one. It mounts in the dash pretty much behind the head unit.

Most dealers should be able to order them through the UK parts system.

Sdc10055.jpg

Cheers loxy, are they the separate key and fob as per ep3 because the link N77 posted looks like the fob for the fn2?! Or can you get this for the ep3 so not to have it separate?!

Cheers loxy, are they the separate key and fob as per ep3 because the link N77 posted looks like the fob for the fn2?! Or can you get this for the ep3 so not to have it separate?!

Just the cover that is held on by the screw on the back.

Sdc10056.jpg

Sdc10057.jpg

Sdc10059.jpg

Finally I have managed to give it a clean, well seeing as I was attending the first meet in it I thought I better get it a bit cleaner, so started off with a snowfoam

380401db.jpg

Once that had been on, I jet washed it off and it wasn't too bad at all

7f030772.jpg

Then onto a Megs wash and dry and it was looking much better

7769b828.jpg

Need to get my polisher and the swirl remover out though as it needs doing badly, but for just cleaning it then it didn't come out too bad

0f836a42.jpg

Front is badly stone chipped on the bumper though, some have been touched up and some are obviously fresh, also bonnet has a few which I saw when I went to look at it, but I am going to get this all done properly as I won't rest until its done. First job is the wheel refurbishment though and hopefully this week if I can.

I also managed to take some pics now too, so updated the first post :)

Looking tidy! Fancy a trip to Portsmouth to do mine?? :lol:
Mine really is in need of a good machine polish and paint correction!

Back