• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R number 2 - My NHB EP3

Sorry bud, I would have chipped in earlier if I'd seen this. I started with standard frsu, it's perfect for a standardish EP: playful yet predictable. I really like my eibachs, I don't think you'll be disappointed, even if it is just the looks.

Rear end is now lowered, all bolts came out with no problems and no rust.
Camber arms went in easily.

Then came the front, managed to release all seized bolts apart from the drop link which was rusted badly, every spin of the allen key was just crumbling the rust..
By this point I had run out of daylight and nothing but the light on my phone so had to piece it back together, except I managed to loosen one nut on the drop link (which will not tighten) so now I have knocking coming from it.

Will get two new drop links ordered and its booked into garage for next Thursday to have it finished off as I have no other free time to finish the job now.

But the rear end is has settled nicely overnight :lol:

Very happy with the way the car sits now, I wish I had done this the first time round with the last ep3 but I blew money elsewhere first.

I will upload pictures of how it sits another day as my camera is broken, but you all know how the ep3 sits on eibachs.

Just collected car after FRSU at HI-Q they seem to have done a good job. £95 for the work.

Below is the print out of before and after, quite shocking to see the before specs!!

scan013_zpsznehryxe.jpg

I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT HI Q / BUSH TYRES ABOVE!

Being too excited about finally having the FRSU done, I didn't pay too much attention to the print out, and you can see they have
done:

0.5 toe in each side on the front when it should be TOE OUT.

Take mine and everyone else's advice and go to a reputable garage such as ABP or TDI they wont f*ck up.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now I have to wait until Friday before they can put it right and let me enjoy it.

CNUTs

Turns out they only read the measurements for toe and not the direction..

image.png

HI Q have sorted out the geometry now and all is good,

The front now has toe out rather than toe in and this has made a noticeable difference.

I took a little spin down a b road and didn't manage to find the limits, but lifting off the throttle coming round the last bend the back end came out :lol:
This will also be to do with the shocking Avon ZZ3's on the back. But was fun, predictable and easy to bring back into line.

FRSU FTW

This weekend I will be:
de-badging the rear
polishing out a few scratches here and there ( some cnut at work stole my Autoglym super resin polish but have a bottle of MER autoshire 'Ulitimate Polish' to try
rear wiper delete
Clean and respray inlet manifold silver

To follow with some picture updates etc

The best geo settings are all down to personal preference, the 'standard' frsu is a good starting point. When my car was standardish I had a slightly more aggressive toe setting, it made it properly slippery on demand. I think I went as far as 1.5mm out front and 0.5mm out rear in the end, albeit with good matching tyres. Once you're accustomed to standard frsu, I imagine you'll want to go further (for sh!ts and giggles if nothing else). It's quite amazing how much the toe affects the behaviour and overall feel of these cars.

Im quite happy with how the car handles for the moment.

Then to upgrade the stopping power I have just ordered:

Braided lines from TGM again, should be here tomorrow.
RBF600 fluid
Burn! Motorsport have done me a deal on some Dixcel fast road pads (thought id try something other than Ferodo this time round)

I cant update with any pictures of other things yet I dropped 20kg on my phone at the gym and the camera has died, luckily otherwise the phone is fine.

But I have debadged the rear, deleted the rear wiper, forum stickers on both rear windows
I also carbon wrapped the bonnet, but I overstretched the vinyl in some areas so the weave is out and looks terrible, so that is coming off tonight.

Just received some new front door speakers and fitting kit to save me faffing with MDF.

Slowly getting there..

Neuspeed short shift fitted, took about 10 mins, I honestly cant believe the difference between the gear changes in first to second.

Seems much more improved than 30% reduction.

Piece of cake to fit, a little fiddly getting the clip and bottom two screws in but a genuine 10 min job.

Well chuffed

How are you finding the FRSU now you've had time to play with it? As it happens I managed to pick up a skunk2 rear camber kit for a absolute steal so I'll be getting that done very soon. I'm still running standard springs though be interesting to see if it makes much difference without being lowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got some Energy suspension engine mount inserts for an absolute steal too
I have those! Don't be too alarmed the first time you start the car at the cabin vibration, once they've worn in some it'll ease but the wheel-hop when being 'enthusiastic' will be much reduced!

How are you finding the FRSU now you've had time to play with it? As it happens I managed to pick up a skunk2 rear camber kit for a absolute steal so I'll be getting that done very soon. I'm still running standard springs though be interesting to see if it makes much difference without being lowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely love it. It was better after the first incorrect set up, but after the toe on the front was sorted. You can throw the car into the corners with so much more confidence.
Turn in was the biggest improvement, reduced under steer, in fact I cant remember having any under steer at all since having it done.
Lift off over steer has increased but is so much more controllable now, I often find myself pushing it too hard purposely just to list off and enjoy the slide and the second you re-adjust the steering and the throttle it just snaps back in line.

The main downside is that it slightly highlights the steering issues, You notice the delays in the rack more and also makes me want to bin the power steering.

The camber kits are so easy to fit, doesn't take long at all. You will definitely notice a difference with standard springs

I have those! Don't be too alarmed the first time you start the car at the cabin vibration, once they've worn in some it'll ease but the wheel-hop when being 'enthusiastic' will be much reduced!

I will only be fitting one I think, not got round to it yet though.
Might wait for manifold and Civic cup map later next year

Neuspeed short shift fitted, took about 10 mins, I honestly cant believe the difference between the gear changes in first to second.

Seems much more improved than 30% reduction.

Piece of cake to fit, a little fiddly getting the clip and bottom two screws in but a genuine 10 min job.

Well chuffed
What parts did you need to fit this and was it realy easy?

Another update:

M2 buddyclub copy 4" slash exhaust fitted

Window rattle mod done with vacuum hosing

Getting a full valet done on Monday at work so I guess then its time for pictures.
If the mats don't clean up well enough I may have to order some new ones.

Skunk2 knob sanded back and polished up as they don't make a polished one, think the mirror effect knobs really suit the ep3

I have other parts waiting to be fitted and many parts needing some paint but will likely be spring due to not having a garage and I cant be bothered in this weather / light.

Allen key and that's it!

If you get one or the Tegiwa one which is the same, ill happily pop round and give you a hand as you only live 5 mins up the road
Nice one cheers mate! Hopefully be buying a few bits in the new year if I can afford it after Christmas!

Just ordered 6L of oil ready for a service, Just need filter and plug from eightspeed ordering.
Also some new bulbs - Osram nightbreakers don't seem to last 5 mins, trying the Philips ones.
A new pollen filter as I have never changed it.

Also order the gearbox top mount insert which will be fitted next week with the Engine mount inserts I have had sat around for ages.

Which oil did you go for Jim? Osram LED sidelights I can recommend. Been impressed with them. My other cheaper ones used to flicker after time.

Changed insurance companies so from tomorrow can now look to get the FRSU done. Reg changes over to the K20 one I bought too.

Back