• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R number 2 - My NHB EP3

Shell Helix ultra 5w-40 fully synthetic.

My Osrams blew after about 5 months which is just a little too soon for my liking.

Good work FRSU is definitely worth it.
Will definitely look good with the plate on.

Helix is good oil. Mine was serviced last month. Good old fresh oil. :D I have the nightbreakers too. I used to use the halfords bulbs but they can be worse at blowing within 3 months.

Yeah you will laugh Jim but I was looking at the Mugen Reg plate bolts just to keep with the theme. lol

We had a small Type-R meet at Asda up here on Sunday. Well felt like a meet as all a few EP3s turned up and we all got talking lol.

Looking forward to you adding the manifold and the other upgrades later in the year.

Car is in today for service, although he said he may not have time today to fit engine mount inserts.. frustrating

Car is in today for service, although he said he may not have time today to fit engine mount inserts.. frustrating
Nice one be running nice for Sunday!
That would be annoying it doesn't take that long be a shame if he cant :/
You going to do any runs on Sunday you reckon? I may be racing an S2000 in the afternoon be an interesting race :lol:

Im not going to be doing any runs
But ill definitly film yours for you if you want?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not going to be doing any runs my clutch is on way out - occasionaly crunching in vtec and on the odd time blocking me from gears near the limiter. Just waiting on competition clutch stage 2 and getting booked in at grinspeed
But ill definitly film yours for you if you want?
My mate just had his Vx220 crashed into and plenty of fibreglass smashed... so he will either be a passenger with me now or in his engine swapped rover if he can fit a new alternator in time.

Edit:

He just text me, the womans insurance offer like for like cover with courtesy car, so replacing the vx is a... mini one (should be fun down the drag strip)
Like for like haha

Oh no thats no good is it well at least your getting it sorted!
Hahaha like for like not really the same is it! looking forward to Sunday ill be bringing the go pro for inside the car so outside filming would be great

Thanks Jimbo would massively appreciate that!

Yeah I went through two in my last ep3, spilt super glue on the first one then had to replace it.

But unless you have the leather seats the leather gaiter doesn't suit the car at all IMO.

Drove to the gym with the lower half of the console missing only to realise that when hazard switch isn't connected you have no indicators / brake lights ooops..

Mine still has oem rubber one, what you doing with your old alacantra one ??

Hey Jimbo, how are you getting on with the exhaust? Wanting some noise again and the 4" M2 one appeals. How is it with the bung in, much different?

Hey Jimbo, how are you getting on with the exhaust? Wanting some noise again and the 4" M2 one appeals. How is it with the bung in, much different?

Good, I have tried the bung in once, but in all honesty its not that loud as a silenced system and have had no need to put the bung in.

Its far too quiet with the bung in and looks better with it out.

Yes it is much quieter, so if you had times where you need a quieter car then it works.

Despite the fact i have just had a £50 fine for having an aftermarket exhaust, im thinking about making it louder :lol: and going uinsilenced asbo spec

What? You been fined for having an aftermarket exhaust?

Hmmm If it was very loud and annoying people I could understand it. I and many other drivers up here drive by Police and not been stopped for having aftermarket exhaust systems.

You running Decat?

What happened and what was the reason?

What? You been fined for having an aftermarket exhaust?

Hmmm If it was very loud and annoying people I could understand it. I and many other drivers up here drive by Police and not been stopped for my Twinloop.

What happened and what was the reason?

I also got pulled for speeding and the guy was just an arse.

Copy and pasted below from police website:

Common vehicle modifications:
Exhausts:

• The vast majority of large or big bore exhausts are illegal for use on public roads. The fact they may have passed an MOT test is irrelevant as this only checks for exhaust gasses and emission legislation compliance.
  • Big bore and sports exhaust systems are usually fitted to increase the sound emitted and this contravenes the Type Approval of the vehicle, which is an offence. There is no requirement for a police officer to measure the sound level from the exhaust system, it only requires an opinion that the system is not standard and that it is noisier than a normal vehicle of the same specification.
  • It is not an offence to sell these exhaust systems, but it is an offence to fit one to your vehicle and drive it on a public road. Motorists who do so could be reported to court and may face a fine and court costs.

WTF. Is this English law only? I need to check lol

That makes no sense.... Its legal to sell them but illegal to fit one..... What you buy one to display it? lol Mind you the JASMA ( Japan Automotive Sports Muffler Association) certification doesn't apply over here but Japan are strict like us on emissions and noise level.

You drive a hot hatch. Twinloop is quieter on idle over my old OEM standard back box and as you know not much louder when driving. Which system do you have on again?

Sounds like a money scheme since the police budgets got cut.

Thats crap mate. Got you for speeding and thought what else can I get him for, for my stats

M2 cat back.

It cant be illegal to fit them or how would we get insured etc.

Its just a way of getting a quick £50 if they feel like it.

I once got pulled over for noise with the unsilenced spoon n1, ended up having a laugh with the officers about it, saying i sounded like a rocket ship taking off etc.

Down to the officers discretion I guess

Thanks for the comment, helpful. :)

Strange about the exhaust, but as you say might be down to his discretion and he was having a bad day.

Will be stripping odd mods off and popping them in the forsale section.

Will be keeping:
springs and camber arms/bolts.
exhaust
brake set up
Engine and gearbox mount

But the rest will be added to the for sale section over the next couple of weeks.

I am using the car to commute one day a week and the odd weekend blast.

So the car is getting used twice a week and not getting the benefit of the extra bits, i'd rather have the money in the bank from the bits ready for next year & new car.

The car needs the brake set up, FRSU and exhaust for noise fun.

Athough once summer is up the exhaust will probably go too

Back