• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R Number 6

Ah fair enough. Mine are still on, but it looks like they're only held on with tape.

Brand new black Type R matts are in as the JDM ones are gone. When I get round to it I will be getting some new Halfrouds clear protectors. It looks quite good actually, black matts with red carpet underneath, combined with the red and black seats. Premier Recaro's will be gone on Sunday and changed with facelift seats so I'll have a full facelift conversion once they are in.

Passenger mirror replaced, as the one on there had broken and one of the previous owners had put on some stick on over the top (presumably to pass the MOT, or they were too lazy to change it). It was horrible to use, it was like looking in a magnifying glass compared to the other mirrors and pretty hard to judge distance when manoeuvring etc.

It's funny, the mirror is around £36 from Honda, brand new. Jokers on CTRO were asking for £50 delivered, I finally got one for £25, even though it took 8 days to arrive after I paid for it. :x

I'm on the lookout for some standard wheels so I can get rid of the horrific 18's that are on it, then just a few bits to go and the car is back to nigh on OEM spec.

O hai Dott. Trying to preserve the resale price of a £40 pair of mats? :lol:

They're car mats. Put your feet on them.
It's all about presentation mate. When you open the door and there's a brand spanking new set of matts there in gleaming condition, it does wonders to the look and feel of the interior. :lol:

Alternatively you could buy some driving slippers. Then you wouldn't have those ghastly clear mats on top of your mats on top of your carpet. Tuck the slippers under the drivers seat when not in use and you've made the interior look wonderful.

252558_10150209167463893_549228892_7232661_4695207_n.jpg

Standard wheels on, the car is so much better to drive, it turns in better and the horrific understeer is now gone. It still slides wide on the limit, so it still needs a diff, but I just had a blast and found myself liking it.

Alternatively you could buy some driving slippers. Then you wouldn't have those ghastly clear mats on top of your mats on top of your carpet. Tuck the slippers under the drivers seat when not in use and you've made the interior look wonderful.

I fookin lol'd

Standard wheels on, the car is so much better to drive, it turns in better and the horrific understeer is now gone. It still slides wide on the limit, so it still needs a diff, but I just had a blast and found myself liking it.

That's the first preface SS that's give me a chubby, so much better than those Halfords specials it was rolling on before. OK, I'll add SS to milano to the colour choices on the next EP3. :)

Silver FTW mate. I've had it a month and I haven't cleaned it at all, yet it still looks clean.

I am tempted massively now after seeing that, plus the added bonus of hidden stone chips and light scratches. Can you tell my last EP3 was NHB? :lol:

I am tempted massively now after seeing that, plus the added bonus of hidden stone chips and light scratches. Can you tell my last EP3 was NHB? :lol:
I've had red, black, silver and white. I like them all for different reasons, depends what you want I guess and how you use the car. Nothing beats black fully cleaned and polished, but it shows every tiny mark. Red is a lovely colour and suits the EP3 really well but you have to work hard to keep it red. Silver is great for hiding things and white is probably my favourite overall. The way CW looks under street lights as well gives me wood.

Completely agree, the NHB was the first black car I've ever owned. It was a complete labour of love to wash, polish and wax but the end result was nothing short of awesome. Proper head turner, and so satisfying to look over your shoulder to when you parked it up... for all of 3 days until it rained, or the pollen came out, or something happened. The stone chips as well were heart breaking, every "tink" or "ding" when you were driving echoed pain. My front bumper looked like it had been peppered after a couple of hundred miles. Dark colours + thin Honda paint + UK roads = sad times.

The milano appeals to me for the same as above, well polished and cared for it gleams and really shows off the curves of the car and honestly I feel shows off the Type R heritage to the best of any colour's ability. Alas, like all reds it suffers fade and shows lack of attention quicker than the blacks IMO.

Realistically, SS or Cosmic has to be the best every day car colours for a car but it's such a shame they don't react as well to a good detailing session. I'm undecided on white myself, it looks good but I've never waxed a white car stood back and thought "yeah. f**k yeah. f**king f**k yeah." That and a JDM EP3 is well out of my price range. :D

It sounds trumpet like when you back off the throttle at high revs. :lol:

The car is standard now except:

Facelift interior.
Exhaust (I think it's a supersprint unsileneced B pipe and a custom backbox)
Eibach springs
JDM Carpet
Chav tints.
ICE Stuff.

I think it'll be for sale in a few weeks, just need to fit the standard ICE and exhaust, remove the tints and give it a good clean. If it doesn't sell quickly then I'll get the standard springs put on after giving it a service.

Back