• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R Owners INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

CHRISTMAS OPENING HOURS
Christmas Eve 24th December - 28th December - CLOSED
Wednesday 29th December - 9am to 5pm
Thursday 30th December - 9am to 5pm

New Year's Eve 31st December - 3rd January - CLOSED
Tuesday 4th January - 9am to 5pm

Hi
My apologies for being away from the forums for so long. We have had a few internal changes.

March is a very busy month for insurance renewals so please feel free to ring us if your car insurance is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

In 2010, we recorded an average saving of 10.5% off our new customers quotes elsewhere and we have just had an extremely good first 2 months of the year – surpassing our target by quite a vast amount!

In fact, we were already two thirds to our February target a quarter of the way through the month!

It is great to see people ringing us up but we would like every possible person who fits the criteria to at least ring us on the freephone number and hopefully see the benefits that so many other people are seeing.

Please phone on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles and don’t forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature below.

Also, please can you give me your feedback regarding the quote on here as we see so little feedback compared to the number of people who ring us for a quote!
The figures show a good number of people ringing but only a handful ever post!

Hi

Whilst the insurance market seems to have hardened over the last 12 months or so, we have always worked hard on our customer service and it’s nice to see comments on the forums of people being satisfied with our efforts. We endeavour to assist customers to our utmost and trust this is a major reason why people renew with us year after year.

Bearing this in mind, please feel free to contact us for a quotation on your car (and home!) insurance when they are due. We would be more than happy to quote for you.

The next edition of our interactive online magazine is due out this month. We already have a lot of subscribers but if you aren’t and you’d like to be added to the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject field.

iv just tried chris knott and they would not insure me because my tape was stolen last year.

Morning guys,

Recieved my Renewal notice through from Chris Knott on friday, last year was my first year with them and they gave me a good price on my Type R, which is why i was stunned to find its gone up nearly £400!! Can you shed any light on this Tim? its pretty appalling. 6yrs NCB so its not down to any claims etc.

Regards,

Adrian.

Thought I just let people know I called up recently and they said the policy has now changed.

It seems they can only offer 'good' quotes to people with civic type r + modifications (regardless what it is) to only 30+ yrs old. They can still quote but would be from the normal brokers so no deals.

Is this right?

When you say no more than one SP/PC/PL do you mean those that are still active or all convictions including spent ones? Currently I have a clean license and have done for at least 7 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back