• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

Nice video - been ages since I went to the Pod - last run was on my SV650 motorbike - 12.4 @ 107 mph - made all my previous car times seem lame :lol:

What broke/broke more due to the runs ??

Anything ??
Not a thing, I thought 5 was the right number to run, drag runs are a real car breaker so didn't want to push my luck! I only ran a similar number in the DC5.

I was aiming for a sub 16 on the day and my slowest run turned out to be a 15.5, which I ran against an EP3. Shame I didn't save my 14.9 for it, as I would of beat it by a whisker. :twisted:

Nice video - been ages since I went to the Pod - last run was on my SV650 motorbike - 12.4 @ 107 mph - made all my previous car times seem lame :lol:
There were a number of bikes running on the day too, they were getting between 9~13 seconds. You'd have to have balls of steel to run a sub 10 on a bike imo.

Update: 01/05/2011 - New 5zigen 4-2-1 Manifold

:cool:

5zigen-manifold1.jpg

5zigen-manifold2.jpg

5zigen-manifold3.jpg

5zigen-manifold4.jpg

I've ordered a set of these (tyres):

yokohama-advan-neova-ad08.jpg

They're ADVAN AD08's and will replace the awful Bridgestone Turanza's I currently have on. I've also booked it in at TGM for the 17th, for front and rear camber adjusters, plus a full geo setup. I'll take my braided brake lines and manifold down too. :cool:

09/05/2011: What Camber?

Looks like my camber adjusters can't come soon enough. :eek:

tyres.jpg

Plenty of meat left on them, what you talking about!?!

They look like a good all round tyre. Winter tread on the outside, full race slicks on the inside. Adjust camber accordingly.

1.6 millimetres across the central three quarters of the tread... check. Must be still legal then. :lol:

What degree of negative camber are you running Horsey, must be something like -3 :eek: !!!

The middle of the tyre isn't even on the wear indicator :lol: .

That's what keeps happening to my tyres with silly front camber on :( I'm running -1.7° on the front.

Still the best thread on the site IMO. Keep up the good work chief

What degree of negative camber are you running Horsey, must be something like -3 :eek: !!!

The middle of the tyre isn't even on the wear indicator :lol: .
It has been really hard for me to judge just how worn they were. I checked them before Santapod and there was just over 2mm on the inner groove running up to 3.5~4mm on the outer groove. After 5 drag runs and the return journey this is what I was left with. It's madness to actually think there is still meat above the inner wear indicator, when the shoulder is that bad.

I don't exactly know what camber I'm running, as I didn't have it setup correctly when the coilovers went on, my guess would be between -3° and -3.5° though. I guess I'll find out next week, when it gets properly setup. I'll still have to run a couple of degrees though or I'll have problems getting the tyres inside the arches, especially as the AD08s are much wider despite still being 195's. My next post will probably be about arch rolling. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Still not as bad as this though... :lol:

165609_10150387869535652_778840651_16819325_6873519_n.jpg

Meh... just run with tyres sticking out a tad, lookes mean and I've never had rozzers complain/pull me over in my mini, where they stick out around 1" from the arches. MOT tester once commented on it but then proceeded to pass it anyway without giving an advisory. I'm going to get -1.0F and -0.75R next time I get geo done.

Back