• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

Just a thought but if you could unlock the car with the key, how come you didnt pop the bonnet and disconnect the battery?

He loves it mate.
Loves the problems, or loves the car? :lol:

Just a thought but if you could unlock the car with the key, how come you didnt pop the bonnet and disconnect the battery?
I tried that very early on, but it has a battery backup somewhere. In fact I was half expecting the siren to carry on after I cut the wires, my final plan involved a club hammer but it never got that far.

I tried that very early on, but it has a battery backup somewhere. In fact I was half expecting the siren to carry on after I cut the wires, my final plan involved a club hammer but it never got that far.

I was hoping you would say that :lol: I werent sure how decent the alarm was. Sounds like a good one too lol.

Indeed he managed to sell it for 4k in a couple of days too. :eek:

Good luck to him.

Mini Update: 16/07/11

I just wrote a really long post and accidentally closed my browser down! :evil: So I'll just leave you with the pictures and hopefully you'll be able to guess what I wrote. :lol:

alarm-fail1.jpg

alarm-fail2.jpg

door-solenoid.jpg

lead-failure.jpg

Indeed, so much so, the solder had corroded away. The electrician thinks it was tracking down the siren cable into the cabin. It's all fixed now.

Other items are a new door solenoid, and a dead HT lead which had me very worried for a few days.

I had the same on my Clifford on the DC5 mate, but it was only on the siren unit and not the main board. :shock:

UPDATE: 03/08/11 - New Body Panels, Engine Bling and Nuts

After searching for over a year for a good second-hand bumper, I finally gave in and ordered a new one from Hendy. This is probably the worst part of the whole exterior, so I'm glad it's going to be one of the best bits shortly.

new_bumper.jpg

Secondly, whilst my efforts with the N/S paintwork may have been successful, it's never been perfect, this was down to a deteriorating repair where the wing met the door. I have managed to locate a good condition wing and door, which will hopefully as well as the bumper, be painted and fitted in time for JAE.

new_panels.jpg

I've just realised I haven't posted a single picture of my engine bay yet, that may of been because it was embarrassing when I first got hold of it, 19 years of unloved engine bay, something like this

original-engine.jpg

And after a thorough clean, a new rocker cover and a few other bits and pieces (this photo pre-dates the 5-Zigen manifold being fitted)

clean-engine.jpg

There are still a bits that are bugging me, namely the red breather hose and the piece that links onto the throttle body. So I've bought some replacements

vac_hose2.jpg

vac_hose1.jpg

JDM Type R oil cap Yo.

oil_cap.jpg

Finally as my Ebay specials didn't last the year in good shape, I bought these Drop Engineering nuts. :cool:

drop_wheel_nuts1.jpg

drop_wheel_nuts2.jpg

Those drop wheel nuts are fucking ace, never seen them before! Dare I ask how much?
I got them from someone who had brought a couple of sets back from the US. I believe they retail at $100, I paid £45 for them. They look really well crafted and are light too, almost like they're made from plastic. Not that there's much weight to be saved from wheel nuts though. :p

Back