• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

The work on the rubber trim looks fantastic BTW, some further info or a push in the right direction would be much appreciated; they came up amazing.

Fcuking hell mate. Didn't realise the list was as long as that. Reckon you probably spent the DC5 money an some. Must be one of the best if not the best in the country though.

Picked it up Nick and managed to get off to DNR tuning a little later than planned yesterday.

I've had all my bits and bobs fitted and tuned earlier today, it made 179.5bhp @ 8k rpm, it goes amazingly well, the vtec crossover is savage. :cool: I'll write a better post later and stick a video and dyno report up as well.

awesome results mate. Must go like stink as it probably doesn't weigh much at all.

Here is the video and dyno report from yesterday. :D

[video=youtube;EOq87QiRflw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOq87QiRflw[/video]

dnr-tuned.jpg

I was a little worried that the cams and map weren't going to make much of a difference, however my worries were quickly put to bed after my drive home from the dyno. It feels so much more potent, it's changed from a cheeky pup into a bit of a beast, admittedly it's no giant slayer, but it feels just as capable as my old DC5. I shall look forward to my next Santa Pod trip, I'm sure the low/mid 14's are calling for me. :D

Excellent results!

It'd be interesting to compare the power to weight ratio with your old Teg.

What power roughly do these have as standard?

I hope they commented on how clean it is :lol: this is probably the most pampered car on here.

It'd be interesting to compare the power to weight ratio with your old Teg.
In theory it has a greater power to weight ratio with 190bhp per tonne, assuming mine actually weighs what I think it does. I need to find a weigh bridge.

What power roughly do these have as standard?

I hope they commented on how clean it is :lol: this is probably the most pampered car on here.
158 bhp @ 7,600 rpm and 112 lbft @ 7,000 rpm, so up 21.5 bhp and 6.4 lbft. Not the biggest increase, but coupled with a bit of weight saving too, it's certainly quicker than a stock car.

And yes, a comment was made about my attention to detail. ;)

Tell A Bradley it's not a fcuking Civic.

Cool man, nice steady power there, graph looks a little scattered (Torque line).

It's not about massive increases in power on nearly 20 year old cars, it's about them looking reeeeeeeeeeem.

Why is the torque line so wobbly?

It's just the scale in what it's been printed in Beardos. The RR guy should have maybe changed the scale it was plotted on to get a better view.

It's easily done in like 10 seconds, don't know why he didn't.

^This

Indeed, it's largely down to the small data range, if the range went from 0 - 120, rather than 84 - 120 it'd appear much smoother. At the top end, there was quite a bit of vibration, most likely to be caused by a wheel imbalance, which didn't do the graph any favours. The air/fuel reading was very even across the entire rev range.

So it seems either the cams and remap or the cold weather is having quite an effect on my fuel consumption, filling up every 220 miles isn't much fun (it was nearer 300). :eek: It's not so much the money, it's the regular trips to the garage that's becoming annoying, maybe I need an endurance fuel tank... :lol:

To be fair I'm only getting 32~34 litres in, so it's doing 30mpg. Apparently it holds 45, but the gauge must be seriously pessimistic if that's the case.

Back