• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeRiter's DC5

Looking good Sun, a touch low for me but the rake looks cool. Also someone wrote a rude word on your door.

Cheers Lads - appreciate the comments.

Nick.. cool man - I shall do...

Anyway... I'm pretty fcking annoyed at the minute, for the following reasons:

- The rears are/were alraedy wound all the way down.. yeah seriously - how so - springs go lower like FFS?????
- I had to remove the rears to discover that they were already all the way down anyway - hassle; if you've ever tried to get in to the inner 14mm bolt for the rear strut towers... it's not the most accessible - hell, it's damn well tight to say the least. Joy.
- I will probably raise the front now just to make it look not so broken. Annoyance.
- Gutted, as I'd rather get a refund and get something that does go lower at the back. More annoyance.

All in all.. what was the point.. I might sell these. They are great coilovers - but ride height adjustability.. I expected more.. far more - especially having had these on my Civic and being 110% familiar with the way they work, and I've read/researched that these are more or less the same units but for the slight differences upfront (lenghts of steerings arms etc.)

Back to the drawing board.. or I could just not go low... hmmm :?

I washed it though! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, yeah with effort. Not worth the hassle - I think by the time you've got an EP3 ready to accept/accomodate these coils - you'd have been better off just paying for new coils for the EP3..

I think you'll need DC5 TRE's and modification of the steering arms (unconfirmed... but I suspect there is some truth to this as I notice slight differences between the coils as I had these on my EP3 also).

Sun, this contact you have... can he get hold of wheels as well? I've been looking on ICB and getting the bug again, lol.

Sun, this contact you have... can he get hold of wheels as well? I've been looking on ICB and getting the bug again, lol.

Yeah man. What wheels you after? Got one lad off ITR-DC5 them bronze Work Emotions (from a few pages back), for cheapppppppp. 2-weeks door to door too.

Back