• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre Advice

Hi Guy's,

I have just purchased my 04' facelift Type-R in Milano Red. I have a slight concern i need some advice with.

The car came with a Nakimora tyre on the offside front. I would like to get the car on all fours with the Potenza's all round.

Where is the best place to get a cheap 205/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza as i have been quotes £137 per tyre?

I have been advised the tyre's on the car are specific and to look for the two letters after the number. I cannot find this anywhere on the current tyres. Should it be an AZ or a BZ or something like this?

All help would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

They can be had for around £100 per tyre, just need to shop around I think.

Where are you based? If its not too late I've got a spare one you can have, after I got all 4 replaced with TOYOs and kept 2 that were still fine.

Ok,

Cancelled order with camskills as i clearly need to do more investigation.

My tires are indeed RE040's on 205/45/17 There are no marking on my tires to dictate what it is though. e.g. AZ or A or BZ etc.

I have spoken to my local Honda dealer who have suggested the tire is £137 but cannot tell me what version of the RE040 they are.

I have standard 205/45/17 wheels, what tyre is the standard?

HELP!

Ok,

Cancelled order with camskills as i clearly need to do more investigation.

My tires are indeed RE040's on 205/45/17 There are no marking on my tires to dictate what it is though. e.g. AZ or A or BZ etc.

I have spoken to my local Honda dealer who have suggested the tire is £137 but cannot tell me what version of the RE040 they are.

I have standard 205/45/17 wheels, what tyre is the standard?

HELP!

I can have a look at my tyres tonight if that helps?

What is the difference between the RE040's and 50's?

I was told by a man at my local Honda garage that RE040 that is factory fitted is specific to the EP3 CTR. If this is the case, when Bridgestone replace the RE040 with RE050 will this tyre also be CTR specific?

And on that note... If the CTR was designed to run on Bridgestone Potenza RE040 then does changing to say Toyo or Yokohama cause performance issues?

mmm...?

The CTR wasn`t designed to run on pots...the tyres were chosen after, because they are good. So are Yoko, Michelin etc

Ive chosen Yoko Parada spec 2 as they get good reviews and are apparently a bit quieter than the pots

i run parada's as well they very god but not as hard wearing but at £60 a tyre who cares:D i would not refit pots again

Back