• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre choice?

this probally been asked b4 but with new advances in tyre rubbers is there any good rubber u guys reccommend for the CTR?

i dnt like the original tyres think there bridgestones correct me if am wrong but any decent 1's for grip and good on wear? also prices would b nice many thanks

lotsa love x x x x

I'm running Yoko Adven Sports, nice but expensive. Toyo Proxis, P1's or T888 are good tyres. The RE50 are better than the 40's and the 70's (JDM) are supposedly very good.

I will be getting some Yoko Paradas spec 2's soon as I've been told they are very good.

I bought a new set when I got the car. I went for Pots but have since learnt that they arent the best in wet. However, in the dry they are ace.

This dont bother me too much as I dont drive like a tit in the wet.

I bought a new set when I got the car. I went for Pots but have since learnt that they arent the best in wet. However, in the dry they are ace.

This dont bother me too much as I dont drive like a tit in the wet.
Do you drive like a tit in the dry?

lol i never see any 1 drive like a tit in a type r were all civicised hehe

any way i am carful in the wet too but the other day i was comin away from the metro centre in newcastle and i just pulled away in the wet and wasnt goin fast but i could feel it slip. hence y am lokng for better tyres and new 1's also with the way this summer goin think i need tp prepare for wet weather :)

ta very much guys stella how much the yoko cost ya a peice or pair?

n wot bout tyres such as avon dunlops goodyear any1 try thems?

ta very much guys stella how much the yoko cost ya a peice or pair?
yoko2.jpg

Said they were dear! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ran a fair few sets of rubber, and have settled on Yoko Parada spec 2's as my tyre of choice. Prefer it to the Pots (too stiff, not enough feel, and shonky in the wet). The Toyo's were better, a good mix, but the Parada's are better than the Toyos in the dry and just as good in the wet. Of course I never get close to pushing the car in the wet, pointless imho. but nice to know the tyres are up to it in an emergency.

I have also recently gone down a few sizes from 18" to 16", this combined with the slightly taller sidewall, has given me a little extra flex which helps to let me know when the tyres are on the limit (thanks to Nick for showing me that little trick, well new to me anyway).

I would not bother with 888's unless it was as a track day tyre only.

oh and P90, nice choice, good rate of fire though take a little getting used too, me I am an old skool kindah guy prefering my trusty M14 (7.62 of course). :D

lol £204 a peice rofl is that best price u seen em for? i try get them up ere cos i know ppl heheh :) how long they last u with ur driving style be it track or normal road use?

Continental Sport Contact 3

Managed 11k miles from my 1st pair of fronts including 3 trackdays.
Plenty of grip in the dry and brilliant in the wet
:cool:

lol £204 a peice rofl is that best price u seen em for? i try get them up ere cos i know ppl heheh :) how long they last u with ur driving style be it track or normal road use?

I reckon I'll get 9-10k from em. The prices are high as there are not many dealers that stock the size for the Rage alloys on the FN2. I have seen em at 240 each, but the size is the stumbling block. I drive them hard, and they have been round a track or two.

Tyre cost is another reason I went to 16"s :D Under £100 for Parada Spec 2's

ahh am just on regular 17" alloys so they could be cheaper i'll have a looks tomorrow at my local tyre dealer

ta very much guys

I liked to use the RE050 on my CTR. Seemed to suit my driving style. Very soft tyre though and didn't last long. Could get through a set of fronts in about 4500 miles.

Back