• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre inside worn help!

Definitely knocking from the front??

My rear ARB drop links knocked like fook when they went..

I know what you mean I can't stand any suspicious noises, they get on your nerves I had an MG ZR 160 before this talk about noises and rattles. Didn't have a problem with the head gasket which is the major common fault just everything else, the most annoying car I've ever owned. Put up with that for over 2 years. You'll get there mate joys of motoring:lol:

Definitely knocking from the front??

My rear ARB drop links knocked like fook when they went..

Yeah 100% knocking front passanger side when driving slow but also both sides ping when turning form stand still. Also abit of play in wheel if you wobble it when parked and makes a noise.
I know what you mean I can't stand any suspicious noises, they get on your nerves I had an MG ZR 160 before this talk about noises and rattles. Didn't have a problem with the head gasket which is the major common fault just everything else, the most annoying car I've ever owned. Put up with that for over 2 years. You'll get there mate joys of motoring:lol:

lol had my fair share of problems with many fords over the years but this is a guessing game at the min. No garage can find a problem with it :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

think i found the problem !!!!!!

after many days of fu*king around fitting new parts i think we found the problem........ rack is dry as a nuns c**t!

Ok so off down town to get some spary greese and will report back later :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like you covered everything, I would put it back to standard, if it's o.k then when standard maybe there was something wrong with the suspension that you put on whether springs, coilovers etc otherwise I'm a bit stumped:confused:. Have you used uprated camber bolts/adjustable camber arms etc?

I have this exact same problem mate had it for 11 month since i also lowered it 35mm, knocking on left side front when i hit a dip or uneven road like a clunkin metal on metal sound, we are beginning to think there the wrong springs as there also moving about in the housing as they should never do. Im also stumped.

Check all the gubbings, such as, drop links, bushes etc. I'm sure drop links make a sort of clunking noise.

I know this may well have been checked but you have mentioned your top mounts on the front suspension but have you checked at the bottom? I recently got under my girls Merc as she was experiencing knocking sounds from the front.
The cause of the knocking was the very bottom part of the spring snapping off and just lying there pinging around in the lower mounts. This was front and back on the drivers side.
Have you checked this? Also have you checked all heat shields? Panels and cables. EP3s tend to do alot of knocking around if any of these things are missing clips or not correctly secured.

Oh i am also experiencing uneven wear on the inside of the front drivers side tyre. Can i adjust camber without camber bolts? It only needs to go 0.5 of a degrees?

Oh i am also experiencing uneven wear on the inside of the front drivers side tyre. Can i adjust camber without camber bolts? It only needs to go 0.5 of a degrees?
Need longer camber bolts http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=127

I have this exact same problem mate had it for 11 month since i also lowered it 35mm, knocking on left side front when i hit a dip or uneven road like a clunkin metal on metal sound, we are beginning to think there the wrong springs as there also moving about in the housing as they should never do. Im also stumped.
Did you refit the spring 'socks'/covers to the lower part of the spring? The tighter coils in the spring can knock together, these covers stop the annoying noises :).

You could be chasing quiet knocks/bumps for a long time, at a lot of cost. IMO, if the MOT and services come back clear, and there are no obvious signs of wear, I'll accept them as a side effect to lowering :p

Back