• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre Shine

Anyone recommend some stuff for the tyre walls to keep them looking black and healthy ?

After washing them they just seem to come up like a dusty, just-been-down-a-country-lane look.

Its doing my head in :smt100

holts tyre shine, back to black.

my cousin ran a car wash some years ago and had this green goo that you spread on tyre walls same as the spray but lasted a lot longer, i cant remember what its called but its worth to know paint on ones work better than spray on ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
holts tyre shine, back to black.

my cousin ran a car wash some years ago and had this green goo that you spread on tyre walls same as the spray but lasted a lot longer, i cant remember what its called but its worth to know paint on ones work better that spray on ones.

Have thought about the paint on ones, but was concerned that some residue may 'flick off' onto the bodywork.

Cheers Griffin.

use autoglym tyre shine myself, spray on and leave for a shiny look or wipe with a cloth when wet to give a matt look.

I use the AG foaming tyre dressing. I just spray on and leave wiping any excess that has gotten on the alloys. Couldn't comment on how long it lasts though :oops:

I use Meguiars Tyre Gel, lasts for ages and keeps yours tyres nice and shiney! Oh and smells lovely too!!

The trick is to get the tyres really really clean before you apply anything. Any all purpose cleaner or degreaser should do the trick I then finish mine off with Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss.

Lasts around 3/4 weeks ish

I use Meguiars Tyre Gel, lasts for ages and keeps yours tyres nice and shiney! Oh and smells lovely too!!

Smells like grapes.
I use this too & apply it with a microfibre, do each wheel twice, do not add any more to the cloth after the first pass.
Do all four wheels with the product, the go back round with the same cloth but adding no more. Should work a treat ;)

Meguiars Endurance tyre gel. That stuff is amazing - I use the excess on the cloth, after doing my tyres, to do my throttle cable and AC hose..

Bay smells lovely when I pop the bonnet :)

i know but when your driving hard round corners the tyre will tend to roll onto the very edge of the tyre. its easy to get a tiny bit on the very edge of the tread at the side then its slip&slide time much lols or...........

Certainly need to clean the tyres first. Pressur ewasher them, Then degreaser/brush, PW. Then after you've washed the car, I use Megs Endurance. The poor boys stuff is good also.

Now this may sound a touch ridiculous and i fully expect some aggressive response to it but i had a "i wonder if that would work" thought the other day.

I used good old Kiwi Boot Polish for my tyre walls....................................cue the abuse

But it does the job. Cheap, simple application and lasts for a good time too. Gave the tyres a good clean, dried them off, then applied 2 thin coatings of the polish, gave them a light buff and, as Wheeler Dealers Edd China would say, "Job Done"

:)

Back