• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyre Shine?

What's best used to get that real deep black on your tyres?

I tend to use back to black but looks shinny and doesn't last very long and believe it sprays up on the side of your car when driving?

I use Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection, gives a nice glossy black look, seems to last well, doesnt flick off the tyre onto the paint, and smells lovely when you are applying it. A little bit seems to go a long way, so it'll be a hell of a lot of washes before you need to replace the bottle.

Make sure you clean the tyres properly before dressing them. Pressure wash and clean with de-greaser.

Megs endurance is excellent.

Duragloss tyre and rubber dressing is fantastic but expensive and doesn't go very far.

Get megs, and a good applicator.

What is a good applicator Joe? I've just been using an old dish washing sponge but it is falling apart. Can you recommend something more suitable?

i Used to use Meguiars tyre gel, then switched to Autofinesse satin, it looked great but faded very easy, i am now using Espuma RD50 and it is very good, but i think its each to there own.

Back