• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tyre trouble

hi i have a 2002 ep3 type r my n/s rear tyre is badly worn on the inside edge (flat spots all over) .
ive read that this is due to the camber being wrong . can the camber be adjusted on a standard set up or would i require some adjustable camber arms ive not got a clue .:confused:

hi i have a 2002 ep3 type r my n/s rear tyre is badly worn on the inside edge (flat spots all over) .
ive read that this is due to the camber being wrong . can the camber be adjusted on a standard set up or would i require some adjustable camber arms ive not got a clue .:confused:

You'll need adjustable camber arms, and camber bolts if you want to do the fronts as well buddy.

When they're fitted you can look at getting the fast road set-up done, and that should prevent it wearing so fast, and sort the handling as well:)

thanks im looking at lowering it 30-40mm on springs so i think ill get it all fitted first . stupid question but what exactly goes into a fast road set up thanks

Lowering springs and bad camber means the FRSU is a must.

It adjusts the camber and the toe so it drives straight, and handles like a beast. Massive improvement mate.

http://www.centergravity.co.uk/

You may have to wait a fair while but this is the place to go to.

After driving Markl's car after Chris had done the setup it is so much better than mine on coilovers.

Plus he will explain a lot about suspension to you and learn that low doesn't necessarily equal good handling.:)

Good to know, thanks HOV, it's 20 minutes from me, as apposed to the 80 mins warrington :(

No probs mate!

Me, Murph and Markl spent about 6 hours there on Saturday and watched him do Marks car.

I can't believe how 1 person can know so much about suspension!:eek::lol:

I'm sure Mark will tell you how good his car feels now.:cool:

what hov said. i wouldnt take mine anywhere else again.... i dont think theres anything chris doesnt know about car suspension set ups. and his eye for detail is horrendous!! OCD i reckon ;). transformed my car just with standard dampers and spoon springs. turns in so well, feels nimble and precise now and can tell exactly what the back end is wanting to do when puching it! plus i actually learnt alot about how the suspension works and about my own cars handling. couldnt recommend centre of gravity anymore! only thing is the price. be prepared to pay quite abit more than your average ABP fast road set up. but i suppose you get what you pay for.

oh yeh and hes usually booked up for a few months in advance so be prepared to get a slot :cool:

How much ;)

PM if you like.

When I've decided it's time to be re setup, I'lll probably give it a go. Saves £20 fuel.

Back