• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyres for My S2000?

Its time to change my tyres and I've traditionally favoured Toyo Proxies T1R's but I'm finding the sidewalls far too soft on my S2000. They are dulling down its sharp handling to give it a stodgy turn in so I want something with a firmer sidewall.

Price isn't too much of an issue and I'm definitely not after a budget tyre at all as its the easiest way to find a ditch with it being so tail happy in the wet.

I had Potenza RE050MZ's on it when I first got it but like my EP3 found them shocking in the wet. The Toyo's are good in wet and dry but sidewall is too soft like I've already said so I don't know what to get next.

I was going to try Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's as they have excellent reviews and do a 245/40/17 for the rears but I've just found out they don't do a 215/45/17 for the front end :(

So, basically I want a decent quality tyre, price isn't too much of an issue as long as it gives great handling in wet and dry as the car is my daily driver. Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex

I put Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on in the end and I have to say they are the best tyre I've every had on a car! Shed loads of traction in the wet and dry giving lots more confidence during the winter and much less tail happy action!

I heard that these tyres are the business also.

As soon as I have another car that warrants performance tyres these will be them.

:D

Spykee - im glad your happy with your new tyres

am i right in thinking the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics have the square tread pattern as apposed to the F1 GSD's diagonal pattern? has anybody used both types of F1's?

This is the tread pattern mate.

I've done a couple of Track Days on them now in very slippy conditions and they gave great grip considering how greasy the track was.:D

DSCF2105.jpg

I couldnt afford to get F1's on my S2000 so I got Falkon 452's.

Now that they are scrubbed in they are a million miles better than the budget ones that came with it.

I seem to get more of a chance to catch it when it goes now, as opposed to it just flying out like it did before.

i have written elsewhere about the 452's and on the bmw forum i go on many people use these in place of the standard michelin's on their M3s and other 200bhp+ rear wheel drive motors and rate them very highly. i think if you did a blind taste test as it were unless you were an f1 driver you would be unable to tell the difference between the 452's and the pilots. except they cost less than half the price per tyre!

Suits are you on S2ki? You changed from your EP3 to an S2k? I'm pretty sure it was you who I had a chat to at JAE last year with the RM-01a?

try www.camskill.co.uk for tyres in the future, rediculously cheap!

Suits are you on S2ki? You changed from your EP3 to an S2k? I'm pretty sure it was you who I had a chat to at JAE last year with the RM-01a?

Yeah man, same user name too.

Yep, we chatted at JAE :cool: .

Yes I got a JDM S2000 back in March, but have only recently started throughing money at it.

Check out my build up thread....

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...uits-JDM-S2000-**Fresh-clean-pics-on-page-3**

Bedfords.jpg

Haha I've read it already mate, commented on your photo asking whether your plate is vinyl? You've not replied to me yet though you bugger :lol:

Are you going to JAE this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spykee - im glad your happy with your new tyres

am i right in thinking the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics have the square tread pattern as apposed to the F1 GSD's diagonal pattern? has anybody used both types of F1's?

Mada,

I've used both types of F1 but not on the S or the EP3. I had F1 GSD3's on my Clio 172 Cup and Corrado G60 but decided that they were too soft on the walls when pushing hard. They also wore like a bitch too lasting about 6k miles!!

The Asymmetrics have a squarer tread pattern but are still V shaped. There are radial grooves as well though and they are not directional, here's a pic:

goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric.jpg

I'm that impressed with them in all conditions that I've got them front and rear and will also order another set for the rears some september time when they wear and have also put a set on the rear of my mum's 535d M Sport with just as impressive results.

Haha I've read it already mate, commented on your photo asking whether your plate is vinyl? You've not replied to me yet though you bugger :lol:

Are you going to JAE this year?

Ha, sorry mate :lol: .

Yeah its a vinyl sticker, much better than the plates.

Yes mate, I'll be at JAE agian this year :cool: .

Are they now doing a front 215/45/17? Last time i checked it was only available in 40 profile:(

Back