• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tyreweld (emergency puncture repair kit)

T

trancehead

Has anyone used this?

Im thinking of taking my spare tyre out and putting this in as a replacement but a bit warey of it.. Does it actually inflate the tyre or do you need a pump as well?

Also it says not to do more than 30 and 90% of the time i am on a motorway so that wouldnt be practical..

It does inflate it but the tyre refitters will charge you extra for the time cleaning the goop from within the tyre cavity when replacing the tyre. I don't think a repair can be made to the tyre if you do have a puncture within a repairable area using tyreweld.

IMO I would avoid the stuff.

In my experience, no extra charge has been made and also no problem with repairing a puncture after the product has been used either.

I carry the holts one available from Halfords.

The only problem is if you have a blow out etc then no amount of cans will fix it for you.

Its only going to be for emergencys, im just thinking if i put bucket seats in and strip the back out it will look a bit crap with the tyre still sat there :)

But to confirm the can will have enough pressure in it to infalte the tyre without needing a pump?

+ is the halfords stuff ok or does that write the tyres off?

Its only going to be for emergencys, im just thinking if i put bucket seats in and strip the back out it will look a bit crap with the tyre still sat there :)

But to confirm the can will have enough pressure in it to infalte the tyre without needing a pump?

+ is the halfords stuff ok or does that write the tyres off?

Yes the can will inflate the tyre, you don't need a pump. All of these emergency tyre repair kits write off the tyre.

Back