• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unsilenced b-pipe and MOT

Hey all, I have a supersprint unsilenced b-pipe installed on my car,and I have an MOT coming up very shorty.
I have read on an MOT site one of the checks for the exhaust is as follows:

b. assess subjectively the effectiveness of the silencer in reducing exhaust noise to a level considered to be average for the vehicle

Does this mean that my car may fail an MOT with the unsilenced b-pipe?

Cheers for your help :)

Does this mean that my car may fail an MOT with the unsilenced b-pipe?
Cheers for your help :)

In a nutshell no, take it you just have standard backbox on? A few people get adviseries based on the exhaust noise being over loud but were talking ears bleeding loud. I have spoon N1 catback on and dont use silencer and no issues, different ball game if i had race manifold on though :)

Ah fantastic, thats saved me 100 notes to get it taken off and put back on again :D

Yeah, I just have a standard backbox

There is no restriction for noise levels in the MOT.

Your back box will have a silencer, this is the one the MOT inspector will be concerned about.

ah cool, i thought there was only one silencer, that being the one on the oem b-pipe.

and Leezer, it does when I can't get to a ramp, or don't trust myself to jack up the car to not come crashing down on me :D

Back