• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unsilenced B Pipe

just a quick question, does the supersprint b pipe still connect from the standard cat to the oem backbox? or does it replace the cat? Are there any gains with this pipe? thanks

Supersprint b pipe will go straight onto the OEM cat and an OEM back box on a EUDM (includes UK) car.

It doesn't replace the cat.

Gains would be best seen with a remap and on the top end figures I would expect to be minimal but I found when I put the Spoon B pipe on that the car seemed more torquey in the mid range. I didn't get it dyno'd but it made the car feel more driveable. :smt023

Hey guys,

I've got some questions regarding the supersprint b-pipe

Is it a direct fit on EUDM cars? Probably yes as I read, but I mean, doesn't it give O2 sensor problems, engine problem light ect...

second;
Using the stock manifold with cat and the stock back box, is it loud when driving not too sporty. I mean, under 4500rpm and/or not using full throttle, is it loud? Could you drive away at night without waking the entire neigbourhood?

thanks

Hey guys,

I've got some questions regarding the supersprint b-pipe

Is it a direct fit on EUDM cars? Probably yes as I read, but I mean, doesn't it give O2 sensor problems, engine problem light ect...

Yes mate, direct fit.

The sensors you refer too are located further up the exhaust system (towards the engine) and are fitted before and after the cat, so they arnt part of the B pipe section at all.

Using the stock manifold with cat and the stock back box, is it loud when driving not too sporty. I mean, under 4500rpm and/or not using full throttle, is it loud? Could you drive away at night without waking the entire neigbourhood?

thanks

By just changing the B pipe over to someting else and leaving the Manifold sytem and BB OEM you will be fine, it will be slightly deeper, but nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I ran a DC5 4-2, Spoon De cat, Spoon B pipe and OEM BB and this was very quiet, granted the Supersprint is louder due to no silencer but it wont be loud at all. If you want loud, change the BB.

Suits is spot on there Earthslug - If you keep the system stock apart from an unsilenced b-pipe theres barely a difference when just trundling along at low rpm :)

Its just when you give it some that it becomes raspy and a little naughtier sounding :)

Weres a good place to get the supersprint b pipe? I know suits mentioned unit 8...anywhere else thats good value etc?

I've just picked up a Mugen Twin loop cat back for my DC5, it's my first ever "quiet" exhaust so may need to liven it up a little, have plans for GruppeM, RBC, Manifold & KPro so may be louder however my question is:-

Will a supersprint b-pipe bolt straight on to the Mugen back box?

Thanks

Rob

*Edit*

Just saw my avatar pop up, god I miss that car :-(

I've just picked up a Mugen Twin loop cat back for my DC5, it's my first ever "quiet" exhaust so may need to liven it up a little, have plans for GruppeM, RBC, Manifold & KPro so may be louder however my question is:-

Will a supersprint b-pipe bolt straight on to the Mugen back box?

Thanks

Rob

*Edit*

Just saw my avatar pop up, god I miss that car :-(

I think the mugen system only works as it comes, however I've haven't personally used a Mugen set up so I'm not 100% sure.

If your just after the sound you could always save a fair bit of cash and just have a garage remove the centre box and weld a straight pipe in. £40 should cover it and it will make the same sound as a supersprint pipe.
Iv done this on a few systems, works a treat!

No gains at all, just a different sound.
It tends to make the exhaust note deeper and boomy.
Iv found A happy medium is decat, keep silenced b pipe and straight through back box. This tends to acheve a nice higher pitch note without being silly loude.

Obviously its each to their own when it comes to exhausts.

You would have thought it would have gave you a slight gain as you are removing centre boxes but obviously not :(

Back