• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Unusual bubbling on exterior door trim..

:confused:

When i came back from a weeks trip, i came back to the exterior door trim looking like below, it looks like heat damage or something.

Has anyone seen anything similar or know what the cause could be? It is on both sides, one side worse than the other...

photo_zps11da747f.jpg

door_zps80dcc3e3.gif

Part number 2 on above.

What is the best way to remove this part?
As I havent had chance to look yet, but plan on sanding them back then spraying NHB.

THANKS

They would look nice wrapped in carbon ;-) interested to know what caused it though.

They would look nice wrapped in carbon ;-) interested to know what caused it though.

Might be a possibility, can never make my mind up as to wether i like carbon wrap though.
Although you have reminded me I have a roll of 3M Matt black i might experiment with.

I still need to figure out how to take the panel off without damaging it.

If any one has any pics of this part wrapped please post them.

There is a small Philips screw at the top next to the door seal ( screws into the back of the trim), I'm sure this is the only fixing for this trim.

That could be rust. I had it happen on an old Proton GTi

It looks like rust to me, coming from the inside out. Could be water getting in through a dodgy seal somewhere. If yo uhave some touch up paint you could try giving it a wee rub down and it will give you your answer, if its rust get a bit of rust treatment on it and a lick of pain.

Edited as I'd posted at the same time as your reply, if thats plastic I have no idea what it is. :confused:

Back