• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 up close with the new ctr( PICS ADDED)

great spot with the pictures :shock:

still unsure about it, knowing me i will still get one and if i dont like it then off it will go.

Hmmmmmmmm

The pic of the silver one above may have made my views change a slight bit, it looks acceptable there at least :D

Scousefella said:
Still think that the arse end was designed by a 3 year old with play-doh.

Scouse is spot on here :twisted:

The arse end is awful, the rear end of the EP3 looks great IMO its best angle, well a rear 3/4 shot 8) But that tank looks :cry:

Silver one looks 10x better than the Red one... Growing on me definately... It would look even better in Cosmic... 8)

This might be a silly question but how come it's only got the drivers seat in it and nothing else??

Was it just by chance you stumbled upon this in transit fella? If so then good spot :smt023

monkey boy kev said:
This might be a silly question but how come it's only got the drivers seat in it and nothing else??

Was it just by chance you stumbled upon this in transit fella? If so then good spot :smt023

wonder if this is the stripped out version :lol:

monkey boy kev said:

I took the photo's off a french ITR site who must have got them off the DC2 forum. (someone on there took the photo's)

it went from concept to ... eh... tin-foil mould box... i really do not like it now... there's no agressive stance to it. The styling doesn't have any redeeming features... no recaro seats, don't sell it in white - oddly enough the back of it i don't mind, except the corner moulds on the bottom bumper. I think it's going to be a slow grower if anything, deffo not feeling it... i think honda will doe a release 2 of the new type-r... by then i think we'd all upgraded to something better. I prefer the out-going type-r, more of a classic style

Indeed lewisy, I find the new CTR certainly busy on the eye in its design. There are a lot of little details that detract from the whole form/function ethos that was seen in the EP3.

Looking at the new CTR, the creases that run around the front/rear valance, triangular shapes and the rear clusters with their projected moulded side sections ruin the whole 'dart' like aesthetic quality of the build. It feels like the designers have tried to put some flair into the structure but have gone a bit too far.

Maybe we are biased to the minimalist design of the EP3? Just as much as the press remarked on the 'slab-sided' cut of the EP3, they will comment on the design of the new CTR and be equally as decisive. As we all know, Honda did have a meeting with CTRO members many moons ago and took on board many design requests but I feel they [the designers] have failed to realise that Honda are regarded as tuner cars first and artistic design pieces second. Yes, the cars may look boring but none of the cars in the whole Honda range are terrible to drive. Honda have tried to change that outlook but may have shut out their most avid and loyal fans.

Cosmicronnie said:
monkey boy kev said:

wonder if this is the stripped out version :lol:

Nah, its just Swindon build quality they forgot to put the rest of it together :lol: :lol:

Still not at all keen on it personally. :? I've tried to like it but it still looks slightly "awkward" imo. I won't be buying one.

Back