• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Upgrade from a piper 2.5" to what?

I have a piper 2.5" cat back with piper manifold and de cat. I'm looking for more power from the car and thought a bigger bore exhaust would help the flow and bit better? What exhausts and manifold do you think is a good upgrade. I would say money is not a problem but I don't particularly want to be splashing out on toda!

The car is supercharged. Putting larger throttle body on with larger cai and port matching.

Any help appreciated

TDi-North are producing their own 3" cat back. That seems to make some really good gains on boosted setups.

Manifold wise, Toda wouldn't be that much better as the collector to be b-pipe is still only around 2.5" IIRC.

Yeah I seen that on Facebook the other day. They look not too bad actually. It's trying to find a mani with a 3" collector is the problem.
I take it if I'm going 3" cat back i really need a larger bore manifold? What do you make of the skunk2 mega power stuff?

Also should I expect much gains from doing this? If so is it going to be like 3bhp lol. If so I'll forget it

When I had the Rotrex, I was running a Japspeed 4-2-1 into a standard B-pipe and back box, just to keep the noise levels down. Just before I went turbo, I went to a place called Pipeworx and they made me up a 3" bore pipe with custom back box, 1 tiny silencer.

Out of mild curiosity I took it to TDi to see what the difference was on the dyno, and it made 12bhp top end, and freed up a bit more mid range. In fairness it didnt make that much difference, nothing massively noticeable, but it was ****ing loud.

3inch catback group buy on ctro, Alan at solid fab is highly regarded...

Nitro1018 said:
Hi guys!

I spoke with Alan from Solid Fabrications and he is able to produce a 3'' catback for our EP3. I asked him about a group buy and he told me if I can find at least 5 persons who place an order the price will be £450.

He can make a "Race Version" :

P1060901.jpg

P1060903.jpg

P1060904.jpg

P1060905.jpg

Or a version with a bigger box to be more quiet :

P1060892.jpg

P1060891.jpg

P1060890.jpg

P1060889.jpg

P1060888.jpg

P1060887.jpg

You can find more informations about the company here : http://solid-fabrications.co.uk

Please continue this list to see if we get enough interest :

1. Nitro1018

Dixy1987 said:
Well that was a lot quicker than I thought - here's the vid for those who are interested:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz9bJ-6_wX0[/youtube]

solid-fab said:
one i took the other night

19495_10151373119265700_1183067024_n.jpg

J@mez said:
Now I've taken the car for a drive, here's my opinion.

Clearance - really good!

20130120_113514.jpg

When driving hard there's no knocking or banging from underneath. No knocks on the rear ARB at all. Apart from when I was hitting vtec sometime and the wheels decided to spin up/hop, it would crash into the underside of the car, but this has been quite common with most of the exhausts I've owned. No big deal though, as there's no point driving like that.

I've got the trackday focused extra silenced system. It's actually quite boomy still around 1-3k rpm. Cruising at 60/70 with a tiny bit of throttle is surprisingly quiet. Bit more throttle for an overtake and you definitely know about it. Lots of burbles lifting off at high rpm.

Car feels slower; my current tune is probably running a bit leaner with this exhaust, so need a tweak remap as soon as possible to get the most from it.

J@mez said:
Got mine tuned today!

20130131_160655.jpg

Green line was Injen intake & supersprint B pipe, no map.

Red line is -

ARC
70mm TB
RBC
DC Header
Solid Fab 3" Catback

Hope that helps bud

Back