• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Upgrades........Aftermath

Hi guys,

I've just put on some new springs (Eibach) and a new exhaust (DC Sports) along with new brake pads, discs, brake lines and brake fluid.

I was happy with the look ect but a bit confused about the exhaust as I thought it would be a 4" bore like in all the pictures on the website and videos I have seen on youtube. However it looks like a 4" pipe with a baffle plate on the end and a smaller exhaust hole in the middle. Not sure if I am keen on this look TBH and was considering trying to take that plate off but then I am sure ill still have that smaller exhaust pipe floating around in the middle :S

Also since It has come out the garage today I have notice on slow left hand corners there is a bit of vibration at the back and a bit of noise. Not sure if its to do with the brakes or the new springs. At first I thought the exhaust was loose but it seems solid. This has also happened a few times when I have jumped in the car and drove off.

So in short I was wondering if the noise at the back was normal and if the exhaust can be altered to look like it does on all the other civics I have seen. Bit of a nightmare now its its installed on the car TBH!!
Any help would be tops..

Okay so to kind of answer my own questions I sorted the exhaust! Very simple, just a flappy moment! And I guess the vibrating noise is the exhaust rattling against something? So any ideas on how to sort that or if anyone else has felt this then that would be great to hear your thoughts!

The rattling is the springs that connect from the exhaust onto the body. They need the bolts replacing and tightened apparently! This is because the new exhaust is heavier, was thinking about maybe replacing the 4" back box with an OEM one if its possible to fit one onto the DC pipe?

The rattle is most likely the exhaust knocking against the rear ARB. The ARB shifts as the car rolls in the turn and knocks against the vibrating exhaust. Some heatproof sponge taped around the ARB should sort this.

Actually, have a closer look whilst the car is on the ground. If your springs are lower then there may be no clearance between the ARB and the exhaust.

Absolute legend mate! just had a look and it is, didn't notice it because the car was up in the air today in the garage! Just going to get some Hi Temp lagging from work and tape that around it! Was doing my head in and killing the whole point of getting the new exhaust. Still might think of getting the OEM back box if it fits onto the DC pipe though. 4" is loud as **** but I did like the twin sound.

Nice one d13lc.

Pop the lagging on and drive the car for a week. If the lagging has worn through then you do not have enough clearance between the two components. Are your springs lower? If so, you may have a trouble when turning the car and the ARB naturally moves.

I not sure if the OEM back box fits the DC Sports midpipe. Yes, the can is loud but man up... I've had mine for over six years and laughed during every journey. ;)

Back