• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

upgrading my exhaust

my best advice would be to buy a second hand system. When you come to sell it on you shouldn't lose to much money on it.

I paid just over £600 for a Mugen twin loop and sold it for slightly less.

I personally wouldn't buy one new as it's too much money for what it is.

Mixed opinions i expect mate, you will more then likely find your engine management light will come on as the o2 sensor will be removed. There are ways around that though. The other problems are obviously its illegal and your car may run lean without a re-map.

With regards to second hand exhaust just make sure its in good nick and the baffles are ok. Might be worth getting a new gasket with it. :)

Mixed opinions i expect mate, you will more then likely find your engine management light will come on as the o2 sensor will be removed. There are ways around that though. The other problems are obviously its illegal and your car may run lean without a re-map.

With regards to second hand exhaust just make sure its in good nick and the baffles are ok. Might be worth getting a new gasket with it. :)

cheers buddy will have a think about it,re-map on a na car? is it worth it? excuse my ignorance new to honda's :)

I know Scorpion are big in the Blue Oval world. But as Jord says, look for a second hand bargain instead, Spoon, Buddy Club etc. come up quite often. As for a remap, you will need K100 or K-Pro, with a good intake and exhaust system, you could see some good gains, if you are clever you could do the lot for under £1k ;)

Got the DC Sports cat back on mine, sounds awesome. Id stay away from de-catting until you plan on k100/kpro'ing to avoid it running lean. Some (not all) have had adverse effects from de-catting without remap. The piper does make a nice sound, if you can get your hands on the full system header-back box for a decent price i would snap that up, just fit the cat-back till you have the funds for kpro.

Get a decent 2nd hand branded exhaust, loads in eBay.

Get spoon, dc sports they go for 150-300 depending on the condition.

The Spoon backbox is great but not for everyone, it can be loud without the B-Pipe, but if you go for the Supersprint centre, it can sound amazing. The unsilenced one can be hellaloud though, and will most likely fail track DB readings.

I have got the Piper dual silenced cat back system installed at the moment and would really recommend it, makes a really good note to be fair, not deafening but louder than the Blitz Nur Spec I used to have which was double the price and the oval pipe actually looks really good after not being 100% sure about it pre-fitment.
I personally wouldnt bother with de-cat until you get K-pro/K100 to get the EML knocked off as well as programming everything to run together properly and if you do go de-cat you might as well upgrade your exhaust mani too.
To save any ball ache come MOT time I went for Injen CAI, RBC Intake manifold, Piper cat back and K100, transformed the car mid range mate and made 232BHP whilst retaining the cat

Chop, is yours cat back only or have you got manifold and de-cat too? heard good things about the DC sports

I did hear negative comments about the HKS when mapping is involved, its made me think that you pay alot for the brand with makes such as HKS and Blitz which dont give the results you would expect them to.
I'd go Piper, DC Sports or Spoon which all have proven gains with remapping due to good flow :)

I did hear negative comments about the HKS when mapping is involved, its made me think that you pay alot for the brand with makes such as HKS and Blitz which dont give the results you would expect them to.
I'd go Piper, DC Sports or Spoon which all have proven gains with remapping due to good flow :)

I heard you can make good gains with the HKS. Is this not right?

Back