• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

URGENT advice needed after my incident

TypeGRRR

Administrator
Administrator
Really need your advice. Been trying to sort all this out this morning...

As some of you will be aware, this happened to me yesterday.... http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=58553

I got onto the phone this morning to my insurance company who said they would sent somebody out to look at the damage. After I put the phone down the guy who ran into me said that he had spoken to his insurance company, admitted blame and had a reference number to get my car sorted... Great I thought...

They said they would get someone out to pick up my car and give me a replacement car in the meantime. I didn't want to do this as as I may be without my car for longer than necessary, so I said I'd run it down to their approved repairer myself right away, they were happy with that, so I did...

Once I got there, one of their friendly assessors came out and looked at the damage. I told him I didn't want any filler in it and wanted new panels. He advised me that the insurance company probably wouldn't wear that and suggested I go down another route.

He recommended 'Drive Assist', an independent body that will get the money off the guys insurance company, and have the repair done fully. Again they will get me a courtesy car etc. The benefit of going down this route is I do not have to pay my excesses and do not have to wait to my money back...

Advice please...

i have used one of these type companies when someone crashed into me years ago.

i wanted to take him to the cleaners, i cant remeber how i got their details - i think they are no longer trading. im not sure where they got their money from because i didn't get charged a penny.

they chased up his insurance company and put the pressure on for other things i had to claim back like lost earnings and being carless for 5 weeks whilst it was being fixed.

for me they were great.

Surely you are entitled to have your car returned to its pre-crash condition at the expense of his insurance company so long as you are both suitably covered. Do you have any legal protection included in your policy? If so give your insurer a call and they will put you in touch with their associated legal department. If he has admitted liability then there shouldn't be too much arguing between insurers.

You're entitled to have your car repaired anywhere you want, also i'm pretty sure you should be dealing with your own insurance company not his, they should sort out yours repairs then get the money off his insurance company....

You're entitled to have your car repaired anywhere you want, also i'm pretty sure you should be dealing with your own insurance company not his, they should sort out yours repairs then get the money off his insurance company....

:smt023

We used Drive Assist when someone drove into Emma's Saxo.

Our neighbour works for the local body shop as suggested we used them.

We informed Drive Assist of the other parties insurance details and an explanation of the accident. So they could identify who was responsible.

They then collected the car and took it to the body shop for assessment
At the same time they delivered a hire car.

As the car was a write off we returned the hire car, but we could have kept it for 5 days after we had recieved the settlement cheque.

Our insurance company didn't have to lift a finger.

Drive Assist make their money by charging it all back to the responsible parties insurance including hire car, car storage etc.

Once it was settled we were left with the Emma's car which we scrapped for a decent price.

Hope that helps,

Hope that helps
Thanks for that Paul, been speaking to them a lot today and they seem 'bend over backwards' helpful. With the dealings with them so far, yours and Rossy T similar experience, I think I'm going to press on with this approach.

The garage I took my car too earlier today seemed very professional, helpful and understanding so again I think I'll go with them.

Thanks for all your replies guys. :D

I think using Drive Assist or similar company, it motivates the insurance company to fix the car because the longer they delay the more it costs them i.e car storage and car hire.

Someone reverersed into me in a car park. He phoned his insurance and admitted blame. His insurance contacted me and gave me a courtesy car, and took my car away for repair. No need for me to contact my insurance, no excess, no legal bits etc. Was all so simple.

I currently have a Drive assist car, a personal injury lawyer, physio, bent car etc etc

Lets just say the VW came off worse then my Land Rover:rolleyes:

Back