• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

use ctek 3600 on a stop-start battery?

I have an fk2 and it's my first car with start stop start battery, are any of you using the old ctek 3600 with a stop start battery ?

Possibly not, I would chick with them. AGMs have a specific charging profile so I wouldn’t use one that isn’t compatible long term.

To give one a boost yes not left in storage.

Thanks both of you. The battery on my fk2 us an efb (enhanced flooded battery). From googling what an efb is (I think it is like a normal flooded battery but toucgher eg it has carbon added into the plates) and looking at the 3600 manual, the ctek has 2 car modes, the normal one and a winter one. I think the winter mode should not be used but I believe I should be OK with the standard car mode.

I charged the EFB type stop start battery on the fk2 for about 6 hours, the battery was low at 12v to start. I didn't measure it at end but I'm guessing it probably ended up around 12.5. I'll try charging it to full next time.

Just out of interest what type of stop start batteries are in the fk8 and fl5?

Last edited:
Back