• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Using loads of oil????

hi my names chris ive had my 2001 atr for just over a year and love it i have done afew modifications since ive had it including mongoose 4inch took the cat off put a lighter flywheel on put typhoon induction kit on exceedy clutch and front strut brace ....... found that the car definatley was quicker :) but im tooping up oil every week if i leave a month without toping up its dry?? drained all the oil out just a week and half ago and put new oil 5..30 fully cinthetic and new filter on and its half empty already?? dosent seem to be any leaks no sighn of any problem visualy really cant work it out if anyone had sme problem or could shed some light would be gratefull!! thanks .......sorry about spelling

Welcome to the club.

So you're certain there's no oil on the drive, or around the cam cover / at the back of the cam cover?

i had a similar problem with my fiesta, never found the cause so sold it my brother :)

thanks for the welcome joe .No theres no sighn of oil on drive or cam cover or any where really got me thinking this one ........ not even done 800 miles and its under half way on the markers ???

hi shifty no had my eye on the exhaust smoke but seems fine ........ ?? relly cant work it out was thinking maybe cause i lightened the flywheel but really dont know

hi shifty no had my eye on the exhaust smoke but seems fine ........ ?? relly cant work it out was thinking maybe cause i lightened the flywheel but really dont know
get a mate to follow (or better still, drive his / her car and follow your own car). Whilst driving, use the vtec and take the revs high, if you are burning oil the blue smoke will be more obvious at 7000-7800rpm. ;)

Mine burns oil like a bitch (max to min in 3 weeks or 800-900 miles). also, check the rear bumper and bootlid/number plate for tiny specs of black oil/carbon deposits.

hope this helps. ;)

A lightened flywheel won't make it burn more oil mate, what mileage is the car on? Get someone to drive behind you whilst you VTEC it and if its burning oil it will pour out blue

Back