• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

v power etc.

V-power is the same Ron as Tescos Super but Shell make a big deal of V-power having cleaning agents.

How different it is only a petro-chemicalist type chap will have the answers!!

Other than to boost my self-smugness slightly :lol: guess I feel that for the sake of £2 a pop, prevention is better than cure (as a new driver, drove a diesel Bravo with a "built in" smoke screen, so I like to take precautions).

Fair to assume that V-power is properly expensive, since Shell refuse to put the price up alongside the others on the big signs at each garage?

I'm the same. Definately seem to get more with v-power.

I've noticed this too. You seem to get the slight performance benefits (smoother pick-up, revs cleaner through the RPM range, etc) but you don't seem to get much more MPG if any.

Seems strange as I've always put the increased MPG of V-Power down to the fact that you don't need to put your foot down as much. This should be the same case with 99Ron Tesco fuel but its interesting that others have also noticed little difference in economy over 95Ron.

I wonder if its more to do with the quality of the fuel itself. Tesco has always sold sub-par fuel IMO as when I was 17 I had a 2-stroke Honda NSR125 motorbike which seemed to hate Tesco fuel. My mates with mopeds at the time also steered well clear - one of them had a brand new 50Peugeot JetForce which seized up moments after a fill-up at Tesco. Grit in the petrol had blocked up the injector and the piston nipped up. I never had this happen myself but the bike ran like a dog afterwards. They were the days of Optimax though...

V power does make lots of difference.

Hi! I m new here! Just wanna say that V power does give my car a push and enhance the performance of my car.
Ya!

Roughly 5p more per litre than standard 95ron mate.

Hmm, if that's the case, it'll cost the same as Tesco's 99 RON at my local petrolling hole. I'll give v-power a go next time and see if I notice any difference from tesco, which I must say I've found to be quite good so far

V-power today was 109.9!!

Usually I always have it, but normal was 102.9 so the CTR just got normal this time!! Feeling the pinch with these fuel prices!!

I paid £1.089 today for V-Power and didn't mind a bit.

I've got a Shell Citi Credit Card that gives 3% cashback on fuel so 3p a litre back, and I've got the Shell Drivers Club card that they throw at you when you get to the till and that gives 2 points (now I've been upgraded to the V-power club) per litre and 1000 points gets me a fiver voucher.

So all in, I'm getting 4p a litre back. Tesco can shove that where every little helps!

Back