• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Venture Tape

If anyone is concidering to keep a car long enough to worry about stonechipping then this product will be of some interest.

It should be applied before the car has done any mileage to minimise the stonechips under the tape.

Red Bull Racing uses the stuff on the race cars and so do numerous top teams. It i guaranteed not to discolour or crack and has a lifetime guarantee too.

£500 is the average cost to cover the front of a car and is a worthwhile product.

If you looked at the car you would never know it was there but if you look really close then you can just pick it out. See for yourself. :D

Img_2371BLANK.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

I had the stuff fitted at a place called AMI Group in Pitstone near Tring, the guy who fitted it is very talented, the tape follows every contour of the bumper, bonnet (front part), headlights.

www.invisiblepatterns.com is where most info can be found on it.

Any excuse for a picture of your new motor :wink: :lol:

Looks like a good product and really well applied 8)

I would have expected you to say you let the guys at work apply it as a "Training" example!!!! :lol:

Excellent job though Matt. :D

I considered this when I had my bumper replaced. However, my lower valance needs a respray so there was no point.

It is an awesome product - I've seen it on racing 360 Modenas and they pick up all sorts during a race. A bit of Mr. Muscle between races and the front looks as good as new. 8)

Scousefella said:
I would have expected you to say you let the guys at work apply it as a "Training" example!!!! :lol:

I didn't want the blokes on the race team to fit it, it would look like a right mess. :lol:

Composite Guru said:
Scousefella said:

I didn't want the blokes on the race team to fit it, it would look like a right mess. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope they don't read the forum!!!

Hey Matt,
How's the Venture Tape holding out after almost 4 years? :lol:

Did it work?

Cheers,
Han

Hi mate,

Its still doing whats its supposed to be doing. Not one stonechip on the bumper so it will be like new underneath.

I'm still at RB but they stopped using the stuff 2 years ago.

Hey Matt,
How's the Venture Tape holding out after almost 4 years? :lol:

Did it work?

Cheers,
Han

Cool. Glad to hear.

I called Nick at AMI for a quote, and the first thing he told me before he went into prices was "We have a reputation of being the best at applying the tape, and as such, we're not price competitive".

Then he quoted £600 for the front bits only (just part of the bonnet), and £1200 for the whole bonnet, and some bits on the side and on the rear where loading luggage might damage the bumper.

I asked how much for the front bits only and the whole bonnet, and he plucked a figure out of the air, oh £800. £200 more!

He may be good, but a rip off!

Cool. Glad to hear.

I called Nick at AMI for a quote, and the first thing he told me before he went into prices was "We have a reputation of being the best at applying the tape, and as such, we're not price competitive".

Then he quoted £600 for the front bits only (just part of the bonnet), and £1200 for the whole bonnet, and some bits on the side and on the rear where loading luggage might damage the bumper.

I asked how much for the front bits only and the whole bonnet, and he plucked a figure out of the air, oh £800. £200 more!

He may be good, but a rip off!

800 pounds sterling?! That's ridiculous!! Sticky back plastic ftw :lol:

Back