Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

i had the same problem, rattling noise and once i jacked it up noticed it was very rusty and just whip it off and problem solved. i have just noticed a horrible vibration and rattle coming from the exhaust centre pipe manly from under the divers seat, just wondering if people can shed some light on my problem :)

I've got an awful heatshield rattle between 2k and 3.5k, I've clamped the cat heatshield so am sure it's the driveshaft heatshield. Is it easy to get off?

Can I just ask why is everyone taking their heatshields off?

Why don't you fix the issue instead of ripping something useful off the car? Be it by buying a new heatshield of it's rotten or just re-tightening the bolts.

Can I just ask why is everyone taking their heatshields off?

Why don't you fix the issue instead of ripping something useful off the car? Be it by buying a new heatshield of it's rotten or just re-tightening the bolts.
The thing weighs a ton and normally the fixing holes are rusted right out so you cant really fit a new one to them. Ive had mine removed for a few years and ive never noticed a heat issue from that part of the car when driving. I dont mind losing heatshields personally.

On the flip side, on my NHB EP3 I had mine off for a while and noticed that when I used the fan the air was always warm, I could feel the heat in the footwell. The heat shield is there for a reason and things like the brake & clutch fluid may suffer when the vehicle is stationary.

On the flip side, on my NHB EP3 I had mine off for a while and noticed that when I used the fan the air was always warm, I could feel the heat in the footwell. The heat shield is there for a reason and things like the brake & clutch fluid may suffer when the vehicle is stationary.
I agree but it will never get hot enough to mess with fluids and heat shields are there sometimes due to regs rather than design.