• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Vinyl Wrap.

Id get 15meters if your doing it yourself, a bit spare for when you fvck up.
I have guessed you are fairly novice at this or you wouldn't have asked, that why id include some extra.

What finish do you plan on using?

Satin/matt finish you have to be careful not to overstretch / overheat or you end up with glossy patches.

Carbon goes on easier I find due to the thickness, but again you have to be very cautious of not stretching the weave.

Buy a decent brand wrap (3M, Avery etc) and it will make the job much easier.

I have had experience with some of the cheap stuff on ebay and can go on great, but you have to watch out for the adhesive used, some of the cheap stuff from china uses a more permanent glue making it very difficult to get any residue off.

Although some of the cheap stuff is very good (if you go cheap, get samples first to compare)

Also make sure you get 1.52 width and not 1m or you will have many overlapping parts.

Id get 15meters if your doing it yourself, a bit spare for when you fvck up.
I have guessed you are fairly novice at this or you wouldn't have asked, that why id include some extra.

What finish do you plan on using?

Satin/matt finish you have to be careful not to overstretch / overheat or you end up with glossy patches.

Carbon goes on easier I find due to the thickness, but again you have to be very cautious of not stretching the weave.

Buy a decent brand wrap (3M, Avery etc) and it will make the job much easier.

I have had experience with some of the cheap stuff on ebay and can go on great, but you have to watch out for the adhesive used, some of the cheap stuff from china uses a more permanent glue making it very difficult to get any residue off.

Although some of the cheap stuff is very good (if you go cheap, get samples first to compare)

Also make sure you get 1.52 width and not 1m or you will have many overlapping parts.

Cheers mate.

I am planning on taking to a shop and do it there.

Any recommendations?

Get a quote from more than one shop, the professionals wouldn't use cheap wrap anyway (if they do you need to find somewhere else)
They will be able to get a decent finish on any style wrap you require.

I was quoted £100 to get my boot done in carbon/ black locally, haven't had it done but been tempted. Thought that was quite reasonable

Back