• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

void warranty?

Duz any1 know if your warrenty is void if its damaged through irratic driving?
The reason im asking as when i give it some,(usually when the vtec kicks in)a very very loud bang comes from, the n/s wheel area,i think its the engine mount>?
Anyway.. took it in to the garage as its got a years warrenty on it-took a mechanic for a drive in it to show him the banging and he said you shouldnt be driving it like that anyway and it probably wont be covered on warrenty?
cheers for any clues!
Joe

If you are not going above the red line then it's covered by the warranty. It's a Type-R not a granny wagon so should be driven hard. Go back and demand for it to be fixed. Honda resealed my windscreen as I told them it was whistling at 130 they never quibbled it :)

What joker of a mechanic told you that? The K20 (Type R) engine is designed to be thrashed :rolleyes:

Take it to a different dealership.

Its not a honda dealership,its smc warrenty. I told the mechanic that these are performance cars and should be able to handle the strain,thats what there made for.. but he insisted that it shouldnt be drove like that,therefore there isnt a problem!
Its going in tomorrow anyway,as its got a creaky clutch.. hopefully he will sort the banging,if he dont ill have it out with them anyway. what a tit

nottingham.. i got it from a ford dealership,.someone px for a focus.
They gave me 1 years free warrenty with smc- smc have 270 garages registered with them.

He is talking utter *****, got nothing to do with the banging. when did you buy the car? if it was only recently he most prob fobbing you off because the warranty company wont pay for itand he has to pay for it

Only had it a couple of weeks. The mechanic was being a tw*t straight away,asking if it had any modifications or if it had ever had any..
:evil:

Only had it a couple of weeks. The mechanic was being a tw*t straight away,asking if it had any modifications or if it had ever had any..
:evil:

Theres your reason for him saying that then, the warranty company will not pay for the repair, its to soon after sale, which means who you bought it from has to foot the bill, take it back and dont move untill he at least has a look at it to find out what wrong. He should fix it end of, Go kick up a fuss infront of some punters ;)

Just had a thought ! Is it banging in 1st and 2nd only? If so it's your wheels spinning and making the front of the car jump. All CTR's do that ;)

You mean when the wheels starts hopping when its trying to get traction? its not that,but it happens at the same time,which makes me think its jolting the engine and its knackered the engine mount(its a nasty jolt that vibrates straight through the dash.)

Its been in to the garage today and the mechanic says its fine-the engine mount is a little "soft" but perfectly ok!:eek: so as suspected theyve just fu*ked me off. Ive said i will take it to a honda dealership where there mechanics no what there doing! They tried to charge me 30quid for labour even tho he hasnt found the fault..

Joe send them a letter stating you are not happy with there service and if they can't find the fault then you will take it to a Honda dealership and then claim the money back via the small claims court. It might do the trick

yeah thats a good idea,sounds like a lot of hastle tho.mind u it might be worth it so they dont get away with it..
They want me to wait till it gets significantly worse.

yeah thats a good idea,sounds like a lot of hastle tho.mind u it might be worth it so they dont get away with it..
They want me to wait till it gets significantly worse.

Bad plan!

I think they are hoping that you'll disappear until after the time period where the sales of goods act says you can reject the car.

Might be an idea to get some qualified advice on the next course of action to take - bit of a downer getting all serious about this, but you've spent a fair amount on getting a CTR - no reason why you shouldn't have a good one.

Bad plan!

I think they are hoping that you'll disappear until after the time period where the sales of goods act says you can reject the car.

Might be an idea to get some qualified advice on the next course of action to take - bit of a downer getting all serious about this, but you've spent a fair amount on getting a CTR - no reason why you shouldn't have a good one.

Yeah dont go threatening them will court, that could back fire. Just get the AA or a garage to do a check on the car and make a report (be about £30 I think) then if there is anything wrong take the report to the garage and show them it and see what they say

Wheel hop on the CTR is nasty IIRC, it does jolt through the whole car.

Back