• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

vtec cross over

Hi, I was thinking bout an induction kit to get a bit more out of vtec but what I was wondering is do you still get the cross over noise without an aftermarket induction on the stock box or will I need to upgrade to get the noise?

If you do the 'Hondata mod' to a stock airbox you'll get some induction noise. Not as loud as aftermarket though.

there is a smooth air box mod you can do to slightly give you some more noise but generally if you want more asbo style noise you need an induction kit

Thanks for the advice guys. My engine is stock only mod I have is exhaust that's why there's no cross over. If I have an induction would that improve it. And hondata, decat and racing header would be to get most out of vtec. To start of with an induction would a tegiwa induction be ok for the extra cross over with a buddy club exhaust and standard oem manifold????

Thanks for the advice guys. My engine is stock only mod I have is exhaust that's why there's no cross over. If I have an induction would that improve it. And hondata, decat and racing header would be to get most out of vtec. To start of with an induction would a tegiwa induction be ok for the extra cross over with a buddy club exhaust and standard oem manifold????

I did the Hondata mod and never noticed much, if any difference in noise or performance ! It, in my opinion, is the placebo effect.
If you do plan on doing it. Make sure you have a grinder handy. That plastic is as tough as hell, and it's quite a job to clean the air box out afterward.
I certainly wouldn't do it again. Any gains would need to be measured on a rolling road, as you sure as hell can't feel it, or hear it. I bought a second hand AEM V2 from Ebay and i love it !
Ok, it's not really for gains, but the Vtec noise is superb. I'm not a believer of gains from an air filter unless you have considerable mods done.
Used AEM V2 for £120. It makes a noise........i'm happy !

Cheers

Tegiwa M is a possibly one of the best induction kits for the ep3 type r probably on par with the AEM CAI in terms of power gains and it makes a hell of an induction sound mines louder than my DC sports exhaust! Buddyclub exhausts are so loud you can barely hear any crossover i had a k and n typhoon with my BC unslienced pro spec and i couldnt even hear it atall

Tegiwa M is a possibly one of the best induction kits for the ep3 type r probably on par with the AEM CAI in terms of power gains and it makes a hell of an induction sound mines louder than my DC sports exhaust! Buddyclub exhausts are so loud you can barely hear any crossover i had a k and n typhoon with my BC unslienced pro spec and i couldnt even hear it atall

Yeah we could hear his car up here in Scotland. :D

Really enjoying the Mugen Twinloop sound.

Hondata- quite pointless, no real benefits, you won't really even gain any noise, nothing performance wise either, plus you'll be hacking up your air box
K&N Typhoon/AEM V2- cheap, makes a lot of noise, will do nothing for performance, debatably it will run worse
Tegiwa M/Gruppe M- very loud, pretty much the best for performance, looks great, they are expensive
AEM CAI/ Injen CAI- along with the Tegiwa/Gruppe M, these are also one of the best performing, not hugely loud dues to filter placement, theres a risk of sucking water with it, leaves a bit of a hole in your bay, good value for money
Mugen Airbox- Bling item, its the same as the standard in terms of sound and power, they're expensive

Last edited by a moderator:
Back