• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Vtec

Just noticed today that my type r doesnt seem to vtec properly anymore, theres just no real difference. Have checked the oil and its almost full, any other ideas??

Oil,oil and nothing but oil. :lol:

I assume the engine was warm when you tried it.

Its very easy to get used to the vtec kick and miss it completely especially if you are accelerating gently.

Get yourself a good aftermarket induction kit and you will hear/sense it more.

Go out and boot the car........foot to the floor from 2nd gear upwards and then come back and let us know if you still don't feel it.

Yeah the oil temp has to be up or VTEC will not engage. Mine normally takes between 5 and 10 minutes to get to working temps depending on ambient temperature.

If it was warm, then go and see your dealer.

When I had mine, I always thought the "hitting VTEC" thing was over-rated anyway, as sometimes it was hardly pronounced at all.

I did love the car in it`s own right though, for it`s handling, grip, and all-round hooligan-toy qualities........................ :twisted:

Today I was silly enough to floor the pedal in third after only a couple of mins - as I watched the rev counter I expected all hell to break loose and fook all happened. :evil:

10 mins later and all was well - I knew what I had done wrong, maybe you have done the same. :shock:

Time for the temp to arrive. :wink:

Was warm today, floored it and still no VTEC, will take it to dealers on monday and see what the problem is - unless i have just become immune to the feeling of vtec.

Doesnt sound right. Are you due an oil change soon?

When a cars properly tuned you won't feel the vtec kick. That is just a Honda gimmic. :roll:
Only thing you will get in a change in engine tone as it starts sucking in more air. :twisted:

tp said:
Doesnt sound right. Are you due an oil change soon?

When a cars properly tuned you won't feel the vtec kick. That is just a Honda gimmic. :roll:
Only thing you will get in a change in engine tone as it starts sucking in more air. :twisted:

It was new in august, only done 2000 miles

Wasn't there a common fault with the cam shaft speed sensors with a few replaced under warrenty. I've heard of this before and could be related :?

Bazzer said:
Wasn't there a common fault with the cam shaft speed sensors with a few replaced under warrenty. I've heard of this before and could be related :?

Had mine checked and replaced about a year ago, they also made a wining noise

Back