• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 VW RULES

Well thats what i thought till last saturday when i part exed my golf gt sport 170 for my very 1st type r (the championship white edition :lol::lol:) and im in total love with it 09 plate 18000 on the clock only £11000 mint con. I was originally looking for a R32 but noticed the white type r on autotrader and loved the look, to be honest i wasn't keen on the type r's as i got fed up seeing the red 1s which i think is prob the worst colour to have (prob upset a few with that statement) my mate got the type r gt in nighthawk black which looks nice so i went for a spin with him and to be honest i was gobsmacked in the speed and the NOISE from a none turbo engine. So 1 week on im still gobsmacked, no movement in cornering unlike top heavy golfs and sticks to the rd like glue i've only hit the vtec twice but to be honest im that happy with the car i dont mind just plodding at 60-70 knowing i have the power there anytime i want it, i went through a village at 30 got to the end and realised i was still in 6th and even accelerated no problem most cars would of kangerooed at that speed in 6th and the interest its getting is a 1st for me GOD I LOVE THIS CAR what i dont love is me constantly getting up checking its still there every 5mins as ive not seen a white 1 anywhere im thinking it could draw the wrong type of interest so any security tips (eg different alarms, deterrents etc etc will be much appreciated).
And i appologise to any type r driver i may have cursed in the past i was blinded by german engineering

Glad to hear you're enjoying the little japanese hot hatch. Security wise. Steering wheel lock or similar is a good deterrent. Not sure what the alarm is like on the FN2 but a CAT 1 alarm fitted could help ease your fears.

Just a note. Mind the text speak on the forum :).

Last edited by a moderator:
363-bruce-willis-cool-story-bro-image.png

Glad to hear you're enjoying the little japanese hot hatch. Security wise. Steering wheel lock or similar is a good deterrent. Not sure what the alarm is like on the FN2 but a CAT 1 alarm fitted could help ease your fears.

A majority of FN2s came with a CAT 1 alarm fitted. They all had alarms but they weren't all interior monitoring CAT 1 units though.

For reasons of proving mine had the interior sensing alarm I did a video on youtube a while back.

[video=youtube;M3U_FY03dPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3U_FY03dPQ[/video]

Those little things near the front interior lights that you can see in the vid are the sensors. If you have these, it has the CAT 1 alarm. Being a CW I would expect it would as they were effectively the first of the facelifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspected they would be at the very least fairly good, would be daft not to include a good alarm on a car like that.

Hi thanks for the info i do have those in my car but i assumed they were speakers for a hands free kit, today i popped down halfords and purchased a disklok full steering wheel cover would this be a good deterent with the CAT 1 system and is the CAT 1 alarm system on the car any good if not do u know of any upgrade for the system not bothered about cost just want peace of mind and a secure car

I'd be more concerned about the security of your home than the car to be honest. All the type R thefts I've heard of involved key theft from the home.

Punctuation is awesome too.

I was recently looking at CW FN2's, 11k is a good deal.

Back