• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Want a twin exhaust similiar to standard, but improvement on performance!??!?!

Hi everyone

I want to get a new exhaust thats going to improve the cars performance. Noise from the exhaust is something i dont care about, i dont care if its quiet but i DONT want it to be loud. I also want the exhaust to be a twin barrel similiar to the standard one.

Could anyone point me in the right direction and give me some ideas on prices, cheers guys!

Minimal mate, like 5 bhp at a guess. But you'll get better mid range as the standard B Pipe is asthmatic in comparison to an aftermarket B Pipe.

If the new price is putting you off, keep an eye on eBay and the forum classifieds.

to be honest its not the price its the delivery.. £203 quid to get it shipped over.

and also i was always under the perception you could gain a good 15bhp from an exhaust upgrade?...

cheers

to be honest its not the price its the delivery.. £203 quid to get it shipped over.

and also i was always under the perception you could gain a good 15bhp from an exhaust upgrade?...

cheers

After a £700 ecu upgrade, £300 mapping session and a decent £400-1200 exhaust then yes.

I got the legalisR fitted, if you want to see what it looks like fitted. The links in my sig

I love the Legalis R and was going to buy one then I asked myself what I actually wanted from it. Since I only wanted a bit of performance and keep the stock look it was actually better just to keep the OEM backbox and upgrade the rest, i.e. mid-pipe, header etc. The backbox is not very restrictive, people have said it's good for 300bhp which basically means if you're staying NA then there's no need to change it.

In the end I couldn't justify spending all that money on one if it only gave me around the same gain as a decent mid-pipe. But if I ever come across a well priced used one I would probably jump at the chance.

cheers

After a £700 ecu upgrade, £300 mapping session and a decent £400-1200 exhaust then yes.

What Foolserrand said regarding the bhp increase, you will need a K100/ Kpro ECU upgrade, plus mapping, plus the exhaust to get that kind of gain. The problem is some places/ tuners advertise "up to 15bhp gain", which is correct, but not just from the exhaust.

Re: shipping charges from Touge, don't forget that that figure includes all customs and taxes to get the unit to your door, plus the shipping, so in retrospect it's a good price. You could just get it shipped for much less, but then you'll get hit with the customs and taxes once it lands in the UK anyway, very few people are lucky enough to get away with not having to pay.

Ordering my RM01A last year using the touge container formula was the best deal I ever got. cost me 590£ INCLUDING tax and shipping if I remember correctely.
Thanks to james for making it possible back then for many!

The OEM back box MUST be restrictive compared to aftermarket as the pipe connected to it is CRAP compared to aftermarket pipes, not talking about the B-pipe, but the +-30cm piece connected to the box itself.
I'm no expert, and sure don't have dyno results to prove my statement :) But it's just common sense!

Also:
The exhaust system frees up some feel-able power for sure, no more than 5BHP at most I'd say (no remap), but there is for sure.

An aftermarket back box should give better throttle response shouldn't it?

Didn't really notice much difference in response, and I'm using full RM01A system. Car pulls a little harder but only a tiny bit, mostley in mid range power.
A race header gives better response, especially in high revs

Back