• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

warped discs

ive worped the front discs on my ep3 ctr and was wondering if any one knew of some good discs ive just bought some DS2500 pads but dont realy want to fit them till ive got new discs please help:D

there knackered so the genuin honda discs are oems and they shall do the trick then cos ive been looking at all these drilled and groved discs but they realy aint cheep

Last edited by a moderator:
there knackered so the genuin honda dicks are oems and they shall do the trick then cos ive been looking at all these drilled and groved discs but they realy aint cheep

:smt102

Sorry, this post is confusing. What's a 'genuin honda dicks'?

If you want drilled and grooved, then get them, but the OEM as stated are fine, and cheaper than the ones you're looking at.

If you have been road driving it is very unlikely you have warped them, its probably pad deposits.

Also avoid drilled discs as they have a habit of cracking.

If you have been road driving it is very unlikely you have warped them, its probably pad deposits.

Also avoid drilled discs as they have a habit of cracking.
Spot on. Warping discs after road use is very rare!

that and im im havin major brake fade under heavy braking ive seen a set of brembo grooved discs i like has any one got ny views on them???

ive only had it for a few weeks so its got what ever the previous oner had on it i have just bought some ds2500 though but dont want to put them on naff discs but ive also been told mintexpads are good as well

that and im im havin major brake fade under heavy braking ive seen a set of brembo grooved discs i like has any one got ny views on them???

They aren't warped then. Brake fade is some of or all of the components getting too hot.

DS2500 pads, OEM discs, braided hoses and some decent fluid (Motul RBF600 for example) and you shouldn't have any issues on the road.

Back