• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Warranty help

Took my car into honda today about squeaky clutch and trouble finding gears, well just had a phone call saying squeak is master cylinder gone (covered under warranty) but he said my clutch is all the way to the floor which means need to take the clutch out and he said my gears are tight so gearbox needs to be looked at and warned if these are at fault they MAY NOT be covered by honda as it would of been mis use from the previous owner and i would have to stump up the bill or take it up with honda. Thing is i've only owned the car about a mth its an 09 plate so to me it shouldnt be having serious problems for its yr and the previous owner on the V5 document is HONDA so will i have a case if not any idea on this cost

If the previous owner is Honda you have every right to expect them to fix it.

I take it you bought it from a main dealer with the previous owner being Honda? How long ago since you bought it?

Any faults with the car should that were obvious when you got it should be covered on the standard main dealer warranty, which is 12 months.

Sounds like they are just trying to wriggle out of it. Ask the service manager to take it up with Honda, it shouldn't be you having to do it if Honda were the previous owner.

No got it from a normal car dealer but the previous owner is honda finance i got it at the end of october. He told me 3rd to 4th are tight, ive just been looking at the forums it seems to me its a known problem, everything thats wrong with the car was like that when i got it but i assumed it was the way its meant to be untill others on the site have told me its not. Still its only an 09 plate with 19800 on the clock so how can they tell me it may not be covered

It will be covered. 3rd gear issues were only with the 07 model though.

HondaHintsandTipsMar.jpg

Well booked it in today for friday asked again about warranty was told if there is a gearbox issue this should be covered as for the clutch it will be upto me to pay, So i got on the phone to honda uk who confirmed that the clutch isnt covered under warranty and its upto me to pay for all work and if the gearbox issue is from the clutch fault then i would also have to pay for this i told them that the previous owner was honda finance but they didnt seem interested just kept saying the dealer needs to send them photos and they will decide there and then, to me as honda were the previous owner surely they should make sure the car is upto resale quality. My previous cars Vw, peugeot when they had faults under warranty they were replaced there and then none of this photos to head office. So does anybody know how much honda charge for a new clutch cw fn2 and when they strip it down and then quote me a high price is it to late for me to say no (can the clutch be put back in and go else where) as ive searched the net and found stories saying they paid over 700 and then it kept shattering and never felt the same

I would have took it back to dealer you got it from and told them to fix it, or you want your money back!

Was a small car dealer nothing to do with honda only had about 15 cars on his yard most were high end expensive cars so no cheapos, he buys from finance companies then sells them on hence my previous owner was honda finance he has no garage just a yard and small office. If not too expensive i dont mind paying as i love the car but what stinks is honda's attitude to warranty claims and if the clutch does come in high then i'll just find a proper decent clutch for less then go elsewhere to get it fitted

Its not the cost of the clutch thats the issue its the labour costs with the time it takes to access which costs the most.

I had problems with mine when I bought it , wrote the dealer a letter outlining the problems quoted trading standards about being fit for purpose and they sorted it. should not make a difference what size the dealer is.

I had problems with mine when I bought it , wrote the dealer a letter outlining the problems quoted trading standards about being fit for purpose and they sorted it. should not make a difference what size the dealer is.

Between me and you i part exed my golf which had head gasket problem and had major alloy refurb, cracked bumper repair and scuffs touched up all done by chips away before i went, so i want to steer clear from him as i told him ive had no problems with it. Shame really it was a nice looking car but head gasket problems on a 57 plate with 37000 on the clock was a right smack in the mouth even the garage couldnt belive it and told me to get rid and go japanese so i did.

Between me and you i part exed my golf which had head gasket problem and had major alloy refurb, cracked bumper repair and scuffs touched up all done by chips away before i went, so i want to steer clear from him as i told him ive had no problems with it. Shame really it was a nice looking car but head gasket problems on a 57 plate with 37000 on the clock was a right smack in the mouth even the garage couldnt belive it and told me to get rid and go japanese so i did.

Funny you should say that my mum business partners golf (1 year old) had to have its engine replaced a few months ago! Done under warranty luckly.

No idea tbh, mine hasnt been to main dealer since its first service. I would suspect though around £100 per hour.

Jeez im in the wrong business lets hope they have there mojo with them and get it done in half hour. Saying that i just remembered they want it for 2 days so its not going to be cheap

My garage said they are having more and more high powered diesels coming in with engine problems espec audi and vw, said there getting too clever with diesel engines, before mine they had a audi similar problems to mine but needed a brand new engine not under warranty either god knows what his bill was

The reason most have problems is that the owners but expensive car and can't afford to run it properly SO scrimp and end up damaging it.

They are so sensitive to oil and fuel grades that slight deviation or a missed/extended service interval can caus huge issues.

Also, misuse of vehicle causes massive issues. Ie dpf's and short journeys

The reason most have problems is that the owners but expensive car and can't afford to run it properly SO scrimp and end up damaging it.

They are so sensitive to oil and fuel grades that slight deviation or a missed/extended service interval can caus huge issues.

Also, misuse of vehicle causes massive issues. Ie dpf's and short journeys
Had mine 2yrs all services at VW ran it on BP ultimate topped up with castrol believe me i dont scrimp when it comes to cars and in its last year it had a complete ecu failure on a roundabout which sent it into safe mode (which wasn't good) on the vw forums i found several owners who have had gasket problems

Had mine 2yrs all services at VW ran it on BP ultimate topped up with castrol believe me i dont scrimp when it comes to cars and in its last year it had a complete ecu failure on a roundabout which sent it into safe mode (which wasn't good) on the vw forums i found several owners who have had gasket problems

Same as the one I know about. Friday afternoon cars perhaps.

Clutch is pretty much an all day job, not sure about on the FN2 but on the EP3 the gearbox has to be dropped to get to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back