• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Washing without a hosepipe

I don't have a hosepipe ban, but I've just moved to a flat, and there's no way of getting a hose near the car!

I know I could just walk up and down with 5 or 6 buckets of water, but are there any other clever ways of washing the car properly? Any special devices that make the water go further, or any tips you might have?

Other than that I might have to go and find the local Albaniamatic...

You can buy those pump spray things, that people use to apply weedkiller etc.

You want one with the biggest water tank.

I have to get by washing my car at uni with no hosepipe, and at my new flat. Its annoying, but i just use several buckets (Bought multiple). Gets by, but is annoying :/

Only thing I can uggest is to use Megs Gold Class wash as you only need half a bucket of water to wash the whole car.....

:smt047 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

^ :eek:

Presumably your car doesn't actually need cleaning beforehand and you're just doing it for fun. :D Otherwise aren't you risking serious swirlage?

I live in a flat also and have the same problem. Lots and lots of buckets is my method - time consuming and a pain in the arse it is, but it gets results eventually.

When the hosepipe ban was in force down here in Eastbourne i used a bucket and a watering can.

Geoff. :)

When the hosepipe ban was in force down here in Eastbourne i used a bucket and a watering can.

Geoff. :)

Snap :D ...also with the sprinkler bit on the watering can it goes alot further, you do look like a complete numpty though ;)

Use a bucket and a Mug. Fill the Mug halfway and flick your wrist. Surprising how long a bucket of water will last you. BIG BIG TIP THOUGH make sure you use a strong mug otherwise the handle might break and you will dent your car :lol:

Take it to the Polish. I'm sure they have a car washing place near you. 5 quid and they do a great job for a small tip :lol:

Oh right... what is that thing, it looks just like a pump-up weed sprayer - is that what it is? Surely you would need a few visits to the tap to do a whole car?

Will let you know when I clean my FN2 at the weekend, but I think it should do a pre-wash / rinse at least or maybe both!!!

Back