• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Water leaking into boot ? is this common ?

Hey guys, to sum it up i think im gonna take some bathroom clear silicon sealant to the boot of my car, when i bought the car and got it home i noticed a puddle, it dried up ( car is garaged ), and anyway my car is white so i yup its like every other day washes lol ! so yeah was cleaning the interior today and noticed another puddle !,

on close inspection it appears the water will flow down the rim of the rear window, down the back of the rear light cluster and in the car, i looked at it and thought, sh!t thats a flaw lol, <---- sorry trying to be humorous ,

so yeah i reckon if i lined the back of the rear light clusters the water should flow off the back of the red lense of the cluster ( i hope this is making sense what im doing )

instead of typing the above i should of just said, i have water in the boot gonna take silicon seal to it,

just wanna know is this common and im guessing sealing is the only way to be as close to 100% water tight ?

thanx

Rob

Very common on dc2's. On the rear of the light clusters is a foam seal this degrads over time and lets water into the boot. You can buy new seals or seal it with some silicon sealent

hey thanx for reply, yes there is no foam, just the back of the light cluster and about i dunno half a cm gap to the metal of the car, i think il try the silicon seal for now, shouldnt be any harm if need be silicon is easy to cut away and remove at a later date !

i still luv this car ! !

Rob

no i wont, ** apoligise i was abit too hyper after buying the car, i havent posted in awhile, but im still sorting the leak out, i havent rushed the job as the car sits in the garage so it will stay out of bad weather, ok back to topic, i got 2 days off, gonna pull the car out the garage and gonna look at fixing the leak, as i believe the leak comes from water flowing down the side of rear window down and past the back of the rear light clusters, if i use some silicon seal to either block the gap between car body and light cluster, this could work but i guess the draw back is, its going to be messy and / or could be a pain when rectifying if i got a new foam / seal from honda,

i guess if i took a picture and posted it in this thread would give people an idea of the gap i got between the rear light cluster and car body ?

Rob

Back