• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wax and polish after had Superguard?

Hi, I bought my car a year ago and i had it was treated with superguard. I clean it regulary but have never waxed or polished it. Is it a good idea to do this or just keep cleaning it for now? Thanks :)

TBH Superguard is not brilliant.

It's probably already dropped off.

If you have some clay, I'd be tempted to wash, clay, polish and wax it.

If not, washing with fairy liquid is likely to remove the protectors that are on the car

Cheers, I haven't but I can look at get getting some. Are there any particular brands that are decent but not too pricey?

Thanks. So if I want to wax and polish it, is it best to clay it first because of the Superguard ? Or should I use washing up liquid for that?

Wash it with car shampoo (Duragloss 901)

Clay with bilt Hamber

Then polish it

Then wax it.

In that order.

If you can't be arsed to get clay just wash it with washing up liquid and a drop of car shampoo. Then polish and wax.

Ask Joe said.

Take your time. Use the dual bucket wash method to make sure you don't add more light scratches.

Yeah, will do, thanks. I started out with one or two products and I seem to be getting more and more as I get OCD with looking after my car haha.

Right, I have had a look at different products and come up with a possible shopping list :) I already have buckets, shampoo, some MF mitts, MF drying towel, tyre gel and APC which i will use onthe tyres and under the arches.

So, I am looking at getting AG Tar Remover for the lower part of the car, AG clay bar which includes a small polish, either a Meguire's wax or Dodo Juice, some more MF towels and applicator pads. Is there anything that I have missed?

Back