• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

weight of CTR ep3 brake discs UPDATE WITH RESULTS

hi all.

i am under orders to buy a set of front discs and pads for my mate in dubai, taking them out in my luggage. from memory discs weigh a ton so i wonder if someone has their respective weights so i can pack accordingly.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are too heavy im sure you could split the weight with whomever you are travelling with.

One in each case as it were.

Ive got some discs sitting in my garage which are for sale, I can weigh them for you tonight if you like?

lottie, i would really appreciate if you could gret them weighed, might be of use to others in the future. i may be interested in the discs if you can pm me details. thank you.

Can get a rough idea by working it out...

The discs are 300mm diameter right? And double wall as well from memory - about an inch thick total.

So...

Pi(0.3/2)² x 0.025 = 1.77x10^-3 m³ (assuming about 25mm thick per disc)

Density of steel = 7850kg/m³

13.9kg per disc approx, may be a tad less as it's not a completely solid 25mm thick.

i can't wait to see the actual weight i would love it if they were 14KG. maths whiz on forum.

lottie, i would really appreciate if you could gret them weighed, might be of use to others in the future. i may be interested in the discs if you can pm me details. thank you.

No worries I get home at 5 so will do it asap after that.

PM coming your way.

I'm going go with 8kg each.

Yeah, probably right... as I say, I'm just assuming it's a solid round plate. There's a gap between the two plates and we know the hub area is a lot thinner with holes etc. So I'd guessimate it to be around 10-12kg...

14K did seem heavy to me. i have fitted many a disc and pad, and am very weak, so i think 14K would be more of a struggle for my boney arms. i reckon 8K region.

hi all, as an update to this. my mate ordered some brembo OEM sized CTR front discs which arrived today.

stuck them on the calibrated scales at work, the results are in...

7.2 KG per disc. i hope that helps others in the future.

Back