• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Weve33's EP3 Type R Prem Edition! - Couple of new pics - Pg3!

Hey everyone

I recently brought this civic and its offically now the 4th civic i've owned. Everytime I sell the damn thing i always end up coming back so i think i'll be keeping her for a long while.

She is still standard at the moment and planning to keep her that way for a bit. Yesterday I did a track day at Snetterton and it was fab, my first track day experience and the car was brill.....although it did unsteer quite a bit on the damp track. After the experience i def want to sort the brakes and handling out first!

Anyway heres a few pics of the beast!

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car mate, i know what you mean about keep coming back for another Civic Type-R, Ive owned 3 upto now and regret getting rid of my last one. so yes im after another one as i miss driving this fantastic car.
Good luck with the upgrading and dont sell it again or you'll just end up getting another :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah Stoney def won't be selling again, good to have a type r again, u looking to buy one now?

Snetterton is a great track, killed my brakes though lol

Welcome to TRO :)

Yes mate once ive sorted my money out, you know how it is with this recession and all........

Lottie - yeah loved snetterton, was a really good track to learn on aswell. I'm hoping to do another novice track day then move onto some open pit lane action! I've pretty much killed the brake discs so am looking to change the disc and pads....any suggestions?? Need to get some before i head to 'the ring' in May!!

Stoney - Good good, post some pics up when u get her!! Recession do suck balls!!! but at least its kinda over now..

Lottie - yeah loved snetterton, was a really good track to learn on aswell. I'm hoping to do another novice track day then move onto some open pit lane action! I've pretty much killed the brake discs so am looking to change the disc and pads....any suggestions?? Need to get some before i head to 'the ring' in May!!

Stoney - Good good, post some pics up when u get her!! Recession do suck balls!!! but at least its kinda over now..

I prefer sessioned days myself if im honest :cool:

I guess you are still running an OEM brake setup, if I was you id try Ferodo DS2500 pads, Braided Brake lines and possibly a Tegiwa Brake stopper. I managed to warp my Tarox discs at Snetterton. Its the only track ive had that problem at though. After that I upgraded to a big brake kit but am still to test them at Snetterton (will be going in March).

I prefer sessioned days myself if im honest :cool:

I guess you are still running an OEM brake setup, if I was you id try Ferodo DS2500 pads, Braided Brake lines and possibly a Tegiwa Brake stopper. I managed to warp my Tarox discs at Snetterton. Its the only track ive had that problem at though. After that I upgraded to a big brake kit but am still to test them at Snetterton (will be going in March).

I read that OEM discs are suppose to be good for road and odd track days, do u have to buy them from Honda dealer? Also wheres the best place to buy the ds2500 pads? I saw some on ebay for £95 for a pair of front pads.

I read that OEM discs are suppose to be good for road and odd track days, do u have to buy them from Honda dealer? Also wheres the best place to buy the ds2500 pads? I saw some on ebay for £95 for a pair of front pads.

I had no issues running OEM discs on a few trackdays :cool:. Infact they seemed to outlast the Tarox ones in terms of punishment they could take.

I purchased my DS pads from TGM, not sure what I paid for them though, probably worth giving Tom a call.

No scraping dude! Although i am thinking of lowering the car on abp springs with fast road setup. If I do then the backbox will need to be replaced cause it will scrape no doubt.

Update - New ABP springs & FRSU

Been a few months since i did anything to the car. Decided to swap the backbox back to OEM because i didnt quite like the way it sat. Recently I brought the following:

ABP Eibach Springs
FRSU (carried out by Autotest in Norwich)
Stoptech Pads

DSC00785.jpg

Couple of days ago i got the springs fitted and FRSU done. Cant believe how much difference this makes! cant wait till the summer so I can really see how she handles. I've also got a set of stoptech pads to fit but not sure what discs to get. So far its either OEM discs or Ian Godney brake discs (Anyone heard of these before?). I've been told that they are awesome on scoobys but want to know what they are like on Civic's.

Anyway here are some quick pics of the beast, will get some better ones posted soon! Hope you like.......or not like.

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

Heres a couple of sneaky pics of the 'family' car:

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

Nice looking car boss , the bemmer looks ok too , just bought my first ctr , cant believe i have waited this long for one .

Thanks guys!

TypeRiter - lol, i have thought about refurbing them to gunmetal grey and i wish it was the case in the pics. Unfortunately its just crap on them!

Back